Chap 1: The ones that stay behind

"Miss Xu, good morning!" A young man caught Xu You Yi (XYY) right after she closed the door, as if he had been waiting here for a long time.

"Good morning, Inspector Jiang. What makes you here in the very early morning?"

"Nothing! Just drop by, haha."

XYY doesn't seem to believe what this man says; she already knows and is used to it, so she doesn't bother to expose him anymore.

Jiang Wu glanced around the shop and continued:

"I haven't seen Yan Wei recently."

"Wei Wei go kill people again." Poker face XYY replies.

"Haha... Aren't you bored when you keep kidding me like that?"

"Not at all. There is nobody who deserves to die left in Shanghai. Then, Yan Wei has to transfer to other places. Didn't you follow her all the time? You should have known where she went and when she went. I'm still busy making milk for my baby."

Inspector Jiang sees Xu You Yi full of anger and decides to keep his word, half believing and half doubting. Maybe a professional assassin sometimes has to "go on business".

Yan Wei left without a word but a letter. However, she still sends money regularly to this studio. This makes XYY mad as hell!

"Such an idiot-detestable-Xiao Wei Wei! Why don't you just disappear the way you left? Why do you still send money to us? As if without you, I can't take care of myself and my baby! Or she thinks I don't have enough money to take care of Gook Luck (her cat)? You can send money, but you can't send any other letter, right?"

"Look! Your boss is an idiot, reckless, and careless. She doesn't care about us at all. She just cares about you. That's you!"

XYY poured milk into GL's bowl while scolding. More scolding and angrier she got. Stop pouring; she finishes the rest of the milk in one breath. But as soon as her breathing stabilized, she looked at the milk bottle in her hand, and then her eyelids fell.

"I wonder how Vi Vi is now. If you send money, it means you're still alive, right?"