Chap 9: The last mission

"Sir! There is a motorbike approaching the West Gate."

An elderly man is wearing binoculars. A blonde girl is riding a motorcycle nearby. There is also a large suitcase next to the passenger compartment, and there are also white roses.

"Do not shoot! It's our people." He ordered the men on the wall and the watchtower to put their guns down.

Flashback

Inform them that Yan Wei did not carry out the mission, and she also faked death for the target to pass the organization. They need to kill us all, so they will definitely keep us alive until we find the other one. I'll bring her back to you and help clean up a bit, by the way. In return, make sure your boss doesn't chase me anymore. With that skepticism of your boss, I still need your hand a little. What do you think? In exchange for my small life, which is not only your life but also your brighter future, you would take a huge advantage!

The two were half-hidden in the dark, but enough to reveal a sinister smile.

End flashback

"Countersign?" An emotionless sound came from behind the iron door.

"The sun shines on the sand,

And the waves lapping

A boy is sitting and playing with shells.

He raised his head, and he seemed to recognize me

then said, "I hired you with empty hands."

And since the contract was signed with the boy,

I became a free man."

Anna looked at the guns pointed at her carefully, read them like a speeding machine, and was scolded in her thought: "Such a weird old man who teaches murder but likes Tagore; how hard does she have to memorize his poems?"

The door opened. Anna drove straight into the yard. A man with a few soldiers behind him stood in front of the motorbike:

"Anna, what is this?" He looked at the suitcase and then at Anna. "Aren't you planning to move here for a while?"

She dropped the target.

"Bring it back for you to interrogate. My job is to kill her, not to clean up her business. I don't have time to interrogate. You interrogate her. If not, I'll kill her. If you lose the tail, don't blame me.

Anna was very impatient to throw the suitcase the size of a person in between them.

The soldiers in front of them were confused, looking at the man waiting for instructions. The man pondered for a while. He understood who was inside this suitcase. He finally points to the two men next to him to pull the suitcase inside.

"Take it carefully. This gal is sleep-deprived. If she wakes up and gets mad, don't ask me for help," Anna shouts behind them.

"Although she has been arrested, who knows what the top assassin could do? So it's best to be gentle; even if we are killed, we can die more easily." The two soldiers looked at each other and thought.

...

"Yan Wei hasn't told you that you are her ultimate goal."

Looking at that expression, she must have known.

"Then why bring her here by yourself? You want to take this credit in exchange for your life?"

"I didn't take her in exchange for my life. I took your life in exchange for "our" life. My life? We both know you can take my life. I cannot take it back, but we can."