Chap 4: The old acquaintance

"Wei, it's me; I am Mei!"

Yan Wei stopped her move and suspiciously pulled the opponent's hood off. A dazzling blonde hair was revealed, along with the face of a girl in her 20s, which was somewhat sharp.

"Why you?"

"I didn't expect to meet my old teammate; I was a little emotional, just to test you, haha. Put the gun down, and we can talk."

Yan Wei took the gun back. As soon as the gun left, the other person's eyes suddenly changed. Both react like flashes. In the blink of an eye, the scene turned into two people pointing guns at each other.

"Okay. This time, seriously, no more joking with you. Let's put down the gun together, okay?"

Seeing that Yan Wei did not have that intention, Fang Mei made the final move.

"As proof of goodwill, I bring you a present. If I'm joking, it will not be too late for you to shoot."

Fang Mei's other hand slowly pulled out a red wire bracelet with small copper rattles. Yan Wei's eyes immediately changed.

"Where did you get it? Say!"

"Calm down! I did not touch any of them. On the contrary, I can even save them and you."

Yan Wei did not say anything but did not make any objections, as if she agreed to continue listening.

"First, come to my place."

The girl led Yan Wei to her room, carefully peered through the doors, then bolted the curtains closed.

"Your last target is Fang Anna, also me?"

"..."

"Did I guess correctly? If it weren't for that organization's clue, how would you know I was here? I also let you know: My last target is also you, Yan Wei."

Fang Anna stopped, carefully watched all of Yan Wei's expressions, slowly lit a cigarette, then continued:

"At this point, you must have guessed: Maybe they want us both dead. If you don't kill me, you'll die. If you kill me, it's hard to live. It's not impossible to hide for the rest of your life. However, they already know your weakness. Could you protect that person for the rest of your life? It's easier for me to escape after killing you."

After a long time, Yan Wei spoke up:

"So what do you think?"

"I don't know."

This attitude makes Nghiem Vi mad as fuck.

"I just figured out this much; you had already found me. You are too quick! Next, we have to put our heads together and think about it. But you have to think fast; if they find out that we are lazy or defiant, they will take action. I have no one to take care of, but you have to worry about your wife and child. 😏"

"That's not my wife and my child!"

"Two adults who are not related by blood and a child live under the same roof. No one believes that you are good sisters, mothers, and aunts. Fang Anna throws a scornful look.

"Don't worry, Wei. I have lived abroad since then. I have met many pairs of comrades*. Although Chinese society is not as open, I will definitely support you two."

She threw another conspiratorial wink at Yan Wei.

"What that, comrade! You, you stop talking nonsense!" Yan Wei doesn't know whether to be angry or embarrassed, but her face is completely red.

"Haha, look at you. I got hit. Over there, I met all kinds of people who trained me to have a good "radar", definitely comparable military radar!"

(Glances)

"Okay, no more teasing you." Anna retracted her teasing expression; her face immediately became cold and unpredictable. - "No matter what your decision is, it will put us in danger; now we are in the same boat. If you have someone to protect, then don't leave them for a moment. At the same time, think of a safe plan to get out of this case. I will also stay close to you, but with a certain distance to avoid being suspected too soon."

-----------------------------

*"Comrades" in China also means "gay people."