Chaoter 15: secrets

No one's POV

The void. A place where nothing exists nothing. A place where all that lives dies and fades into obscurity. Where the trinity reside watching over their newest vessel living his life. Where they watch through the life of y/n.

"Interesting. I never thought his past would be this tragic." Venus spoke with great intrigue.

"Indeed to see a boy with such a bright future fall into deprivation for the sake of his mother's well being. The one of the many selfless souls in his world." Her sister Aeon replied watching over his life.

"Perhaps he can save them. Perhaps he can change the world we deemed unworthy."

The very reason the would destroy the world is the very reason they made the skullheart. A test if you will. They created the skullheart as a test to the world if either generosity or corruption is greater than the other than the that is how the the trinity view the world.

Only a few selfless souls held the heart wishing to make the world a better place. But they are drowned out by the corrupted becoming mad with power and destroying everything in their path. The trinity saw this world as nothing but corrupt and wanted to end it. But now their eyes are set on y/n. Who is not of this world helping the inhabitants regardless. Maybe he can prove to the trinity that good still exists.

Elsewhere

'Alright then y/n here is a trick question for you. Do you prefer the city or the countryside?'

'Hm. Well let's see in the city there are a lot of places to see people to meet and great overall. The countryside is full of open untouched land where animals roam free and you can live your life peacefully and secluded with your closest friends. My choice has to go with the countryside. While I love the city vibe the life of the countryside has been more alluring for me.'

'Fair enough.'

Walking through the neighborhood y/n was contemplating on the which is better. He only but recently put the girls and his mother to bed after episode 4 of full metal alchemist. He didn't want them to be crying the entire night so he tucked them in on the couch and left the tv on with some rain and jazz playing. As he left he turned to see them hugging each other as they fell asleep.

For some it looks like he is the parent looking after his children. But in reality he is just a caring son hiding a dark secret. He made it back to the lab along with his co-workers. They all were doing their own thing. Peacock was watching cartoons with her gang, ms. Fortune was doing cat things and teasing y/n with cat puns. Big band was playing a song with his many instruments. Valentine and her group were performing exercises. Y/n decided to go outside and watch the night sky.

It was peaceful looking over the streets of New Meridian with big band's jazz playing in the background. It all added an atmosphere of pure peace and bliss. Unlike the streets of Chicago where y/n and his mother once lived. It was harsh in Chicago living where your life could end in a moment's notice.

He remembered how is future was looking bright but after the death of his father he gave it all up to care for his mother. The fear of losing your only family is great.

"Enjoying the open air?" A voice called out to him.

"Oh hey Valentine. Yeah just reminiscing on somethings."

"Like what?" She asked as she sat next to him.

"I'm what my previous home used to be like and all that. Some good memories and some bad."

Valentine only nods at his answer as they both look out to the night sky.

"Y/n. I've been meaning to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"When I've first met you passed out on the bed I felt that you were in pain emotionally. There are many things to contribute to that but I realized it wasn't just about your past." Her voice turned serious as she spoke once more.

"Something happened to you to cause this pain. I want to know what it is. I'm a fighter yes but first and foremost I'm a doctor so I want help y/n." She says her tone softened.

Y/n looking at his hands for a brief moment. Years of pain and guilt emerged from his well of nothingness. He wasn't sure about telling them about his past. It was nothing but darkness and evil. He hurt so many people for the sake of his mother.

"Don't worry no matter what happened in the past you are still you right now and we won't think otherwise." Another voice called out.

"Hollow. I-"

"Don't be to hard on yourself Thompson! Besides we all been through hell one way or anotha!" Peacock says punching y/n on the back .

"You guys. (Sigh) okay. It all takes place in a city called Chicago."

Elsewhere

Within the top floor of a grand tower and man sits in his chair looking over the city he owns. The elevator door opens as he turns to whoever entered.

"Cerebella. What do you want."

"Lorenzo Medici I have information that might interest you. A person named y/n who was spotted near the circus tents."

"Y/n. A new face in my city? Eh?" Lorenzo takes a breathe of his cigar as he speaks once more.

"Bring him here I want to meet him personally and introduce him the rules of the city."

Cerebella bows as she leaves through the elevator.

"Y/n. New faces means new secrets what secret do you contain?"