Prologue

Y/n pov

During my younger days I always dreamed of living in the 1970s. I would listen to trumpets and pianos play in cafes and diners. I would imagine working their like a true American worker. I imagine the streets bustling with life and variety. Besides immigrants flocked from all over the world to New York to find their place in America. I know that the time period may not be as 'friendly' as the others but it was a dream nonetheless.

My hopes were blackened however when my diagnosis came in. It turned out that I have heart cancer. Me and my mother were devastated. She held me crying as I held her. My mother was always the gentle soul. That's why I cherished her. She would always hug me like a little puppy and worry about me constantly. To see her tears would shatter my heart and soul. But I had to remain positive about this. Just because I have cancer doesn't mean that I can't smile anymore.

We get home and we just stayed silent the rest of the day. I just took this time to reflect on my life and how I got here. I remember all the goofy events that me and my friends did. I remember the one time where we played arrow roulette. Though it ended with the arrow going straight through my foot.

I remember all the birthdays with me, my mother, and my friends celebrated. At the end of all the songs my head would be smashed into the cake. It became a tradition of sorts but we all enjoyed it. I even remembered about my crush: Lilia.

She was the school princess and sweetheart. Every guy treated her like she was a loli, and no not that way you freaks. She was shy and timid but she was also the smartest one in class. Eveytime I looked at her I was just star struck with love. I was actually planning to confess to her but after today I just couldn't. I don't want her to cry over someone like me.

So I'm the end I gave up on her. I heard that she already found a boyfriend anyways. Well at least I still have mother. Well her name is Kayla.

"Y/n? Can you get me the butter please?" She asks me

"Ok mother!" I reply helping her.

She was making our favorite dish: Angel Hair Pasta with garlic, herbs, and Parmesan.

I can feel my mouth watering at the sight. The savory taste of the Parmesan and garlic combined, mixed the texture of the noodles will literally send you to heaven. Well for me personally I like to add a kick to it by adding some lemon juice to not only boost the texture but give that juicy kick that melts in your mouth when eaten.

When my mother was finished she set the bowls on the table and we began to eat. My thoughts of worry and sadness were pushed away by the taste of the noodles. I felt my soul become one with heaven as I ate my mother's dish.

"Are you enjoying it y/n?" She asks me with a giggle.

"My soul has ascended mom." I say making her laugh.

She laughs for a good minute before calming down and eating once more. While we were eating my mother decided to strike up a conversation.

"So son how's your guitar skills coming?" She asks me. That's right! I always enjoyed playing instruments they always helped me express myself when words can't.

"They doing great mom! I've learned so much when starting to play!" I tell her in excitement.

"I always wanted to play music that was similar to jazz. I just feel a connection to it like it just melts away all your problems and you just experience pure bliss." I continue. She listens with great interest. She watches her son with joy as he talks about his favorite hobbies and such. She feels at ease when he is.

"So mom have you found a better job yet?" I ask.

"Oh not yet I've not been able to contact any people yet." She says in sadness.

"Oh that's okay besides I know that you can do it mom! Beside your the only family that I have left. Ever since father divorced you and left my in your custody you have been doing your best to take care of me! Now it's my turn to take care of you even if I'm dying." I say to her while hugging her.

She returns it while snuggling a little closer to me.

"Your right y/n I have you after all now let's finish eating before the noodles get cold." She says more happy. I agree and we continue eating.

Timeskip

It was nighttime and me and my mother had fallen asleep on the couch after watching a movie. I get up for a drink of water. While I was drinking I began to hear voices all around me.

"Did it really chose him?"

"Yes it did."

"But He is a human male. He shouldn't even be able to hold it."

"Well let's see if he is worthy of holding it."

I hear these voices and I run over to my mom.

"Mother wake up." I say shaking her.

She gets up all groggy and half asleep.

"What's wrong y/n?" She asks me.

"Do you hear the voices?" I ask her.

"No I don't." She replies.

So she can't hear them but I do. What's going on. Suddenly they stop. It all goes silent. The voices were nowhere to be found. I look at mom to see that she's fine. It looks like it's over. But it was weird what were the voices talking about? They said something about-

"The Skullheart." All three of the voices said at once. Just then I feel a burning sensation in my heart.

It was so painful that I fell to my knees. My mother came to me and was worried out of her mind. She asked me what was wrong but the burning only grew until I passed out before hearing the voices one last time.

"He is perfect candidate for the Skullheart."