Chapter 8: meeting the crew

Y/n POV

After I was hired by the princess herself, doctor avian showed me around the anti skullgirl labs. He described to me how all of these weapons and gear was specifically designed to combat and counter the skullgirls and their abilities.

But first was at out of the facility since I'm gonna be working here. We already past the research wing that housed all of the prototypes.

Then we passed the main cafeteria where the staff and units come for the grub. The cooks their were really chill to be around except for that one chef that kept yelling like Gordon Ramsey.

Finally was the main lobby where all the team members hanged around. They all were talking to each other or minding their own business. Dr. Avian then began to introduce me around.

"I know that you have already met Valentine and peacock y/n. But I want you to meet the rest of the people in our group." He says as we walk into a lobby of sorts.

From there he introduced me to them all.

"What's up little man? Names Big Band. Welcome to our humble home." A tall figure stood a over me. With instrument like parts all over his body.

 With instrument like parts all over his body

I was a little intimidated to say the least.

"H-h-hey there." I say nervously.

He laughs before pulling out a saxophone.

"Don't worry little man. You one of us now. And we are family." He says before playing some tunes on his Saxophone.

"That's big band. He was a police officer before he is what you saw today. He is usually chill and cool to be around. But be sure you don't make him angry or else you'll have a week long headache." Dr. Avian says.

As we were talking I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see a body. But I scream at the body. Wanna know why? It's head was missing.

"Psst. Down here." A voice says. I look down to see a head staring right at me. The body picks her up and reattaches herself.

"My name is ms fortune 'scaredy-cat' I can tell that you never seen that before." She says before giggling.

"Besides that reaction of yours was 'purr-fect'!" She says as almost everyone else groans in annoyance

"What?" She says confused.

"She's ms fortune. She was part of the fish one gang before joining us. After a encounter with the Medici she swallowed the life gem making her practically unkillable be normal means. She can detach her body parts and perform many combat abilities with them. The only downside is that she is a pun heavy individual."  Dr. Avian explains with annoyance at the end.

Finally we walk over to four other individuals in medical clothing. Though they seem to before more violent than friendly.

"Finally these are the members of Valentine's team Last Hope." Dr avian introduces them one by one.

The one with the bright red hair was Christmas she was the leader

The one with the bright red hair was Christmas she was the leader. The blonder hair with horns was patty. The black hair and bandages was hallow. And finally the big one was Easter.

First off. WHY DO MOST WOMEN WEAR LITTLE CLOTHING AND EXPOSING THEIR FREAKING MELONS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ARE THEY TRYING TO AWAKEN MY MALE LUST!?!?!?!?

"Ello there mate! Ma names patty nice to meet ya!" She says in a Scottish heavy tone.

"I may be smol but don't underestimate me ya hear? I am very vicious!" She says swinging her IV staff.

"Out of the way runt! I'm Easter. The brain of the team. Whenever something big needs lifting or moving I'm there to do it." She says with a body bag as her weapon.

"Hello there. My name is Christmas. I'm the mind of the team. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Valentine is our eyes. So is trained to spot any emotion in a person's face by looking at them." She says in a formal manner.

"I am hallow. I'm the killer of the team. You must be the new test subject that has been added to my collection." She says circling me while sharpening her needles.

she grabs my back and caresses her hand on my face. She grows a look of curiosity as she looks deep into my eyes. Her gaze doesn't falter. I look to her teammates and they have looks of worry.

"Your the one." She says.

"Huh?" I ask.

"You look so beautiful. It would have seemed that I have fallen for your eyes gentle glow." She says as hers eyes sparkle. Now I would be happy if I weren't for my pain and the fact she has an Arsenal of needles.

"For so long I have searching for my soul husband. I believe that your the one that i have been searching for." She says as she removes her face mask. If I'm being honest she looks really pretty without it.

"Hallow back away from him your making him uncomfortable." Patty says using her IV staff to push her away.

"You will not me away from his beauty! He is the one I have been searching for!" She charged her and they begin to fight.

"Y/n hurry! Patty and I will distract her while you run. Hallow is VERY passionate about finding a lover!" Christmas and Easter assist patty while the Doctor leads me to the exit to the city.

I turn back to see hallow reaching for me.

"Y/n please don't leave me! We can be together! I'll love you forever!" She says before being dragged back by her teammates and I was heading out the exit.

Timeskip

I finally made it to the cathedral and I close the doors. Finally in the clear I fall to the floor and I regain my breathe. That hallow was crazy! Even though she was nice and all the idea of love was unbearable for me.

"Oh hello y/n. It would seem that you have ran from a great terror." The voice of double says. I look up to see her looking down at me even though her eyes were closed.

"You- *pant* have- *pant* no idea." I say getting up. She holds her hand out for me to grab. I take it as she helps me up.

"Now then. What brings you here?" She asks.

That's right!

"Double. I wish to learn how to use to the skullheart's powers if I am to defend myself from more serious dangers. Is it possible?" I ask her as she speaks.

"Yes it is possible. Please follow me. We will go to a hidden location where the enemies cannot track your energy." She says as she opens a hidden passageway. She gestures me to follow as I comply. We head down into the depths of the passageway Into the ground.

Now my training begins.