Chapter 6: dreamscape meeting

Y/n pov

After checking up on everyone I decided to sleep as well. I found a pillow and a fell asleep.

Dreamscape

I was floating in a void. No light, no matter, no darkness, just void. I look around in curiosity at where I might be.

"Welcome to your mind y/n.~" a voice calls out to me.

I look around for the source but to no avail.

"May I ask for your name? If this is my mind then how are you in it?" I ask the voice.

The voices giggles and a figure forms from the void. She wore some. . . . Suggestive clothing.

"Hello there my dear

"Hello there my dear. I am Venus the goddess of love.~" she says floating over to me.

"Hm. You are much more handsome in person.~" she says caressing my cheek.

She giggles as she floats in front of me.

"Why are you here Venus? Why would a goddess see me in person?" I ask in confusion.

"Well with you being the current holder of the Skullheart and not turning it's interesting. Normally we believed you males to be just as corrupted as the females but I guess we were wrong. But the reason I have come here is too get to know you better. You see your emotions say that you are missing a special someone. Is that true?" She says as my eyes widen.

I can't believe I forget about her!

"Yes! There is someone that I have completely forgotten about!" I say holding my head.

The person I forgot about. Was my girlfriend.

"My crush. Her name was Lilia. She was a nun in my world." I say smiling at her name.

"Oh.~ So you miss her huh?" She asks.

"Yes. Yes I do." I say pulling out a picture of her to show Venus.

"Ara ara!~ She is VERY beautiful! You are a very lucky man y/n

"Ara ara!~ She is VERY beautiful! You are a very lucky man y/n." She says in shock.

I nod. She was indeed very beautiful.

"You are we met after my previous girlfriend left me after i was diagnosed with heart failure. It was her decision because she couldn't bare to see me suffer. After that I started going to church to pray in my final days. And that was when I met Lilia. She saw me and helped me pray. At first we became friends seeing each other and having fun after church. But after a month or so it grew in love. I confessed to her in front of the pedestal in the church. She didn't feel the same about me. And that broke my heart. I didn't go back after that. I felt like I would be a burden to her placing all of my hopes on her shoulders like that." I say shedding a few tears.

"But now. That I'm here. I'll die alone as it was meant to be. Love has no place in my heart. Yes I am kind and yes I am selfless but at the cost of me." I say hiding my expression

I stayed as the tough guy. Lilia was light of my life. Her beautiful smile, her caring and kind personality. I loved everything about her. But now I won't be able to see that smile again. But I must move on. If I fall short just by an inch then I'll be left behind.

Venus doesn't seem to buy my tough guy act. She presses on.

"Y/n you shouldn't bottle up your emotions like this. You must open up and let loose." She says.

"I can't Venus all of this has happened because of my actions and mine alone. It's not right to shove all of my problems on others. I'll just slow them down." I say turning away.

"Yes they'll carry the burden but they'll do it because they care for you! Y/n don't make yourself suffer because of what happened in the past!" She pleads.

"I'm sorry Venus but in order for everyone to be happy I must bare all of their burdens as my own. I don't care if I die. As long as I at least help everyone then I'll die happy." I say as I begin to wake up.

"Y/n wait please. We can help yo-" She was interrupted as I woke up.

Reality

I open my eyes to the sun shining through the window. I wipe my eyes to feel tears on them. I quickly wipe myself off and I prepare breakfast for everyone.

But the regrets never leave. They fester and infect your heart. But I hide them. I never show pain because who will listen? In the world I lived in. Crying, showing pain, or even complaining is a sign weakness. The world kills the weak. I must be strong if I am to protect my mother. That promise I made to Leviathan, I'm afraid I can't keep it.

I'm just a dead man digging my grave deeper.

'Why do you reject the help of others y/n?' The heart asks.

'Because Skullheart, I don't deserve it. I'm just a dead man trying to help everyone. Even if they hurt me I won't ask for any reward. Their smile is the only thing that drives me forward. And if it comes to it. I'll sacrifice myself to save everyone.' I say with a look of determination.

I make breakfast for everyone and I head out. If I am able to fight then I must learn how to use the Skullheart. So I head to the church for double's help.