23 | Sorry

This couldn't be happening. The rope around your wrists was tight, and every time Lucinda tugged at it, the twisted fabric would dig deeper into your skin, causing you to wince. You looked up, and felt your heart clench, when you saw her, using the new powers she'd been given to blast people out of her way.

"Where are you taking me?" you asked frantically, trying to resist.

"Oh you'll see," the girl laughed in a maniacal manner, and gave a particularly vicious pull, causing you to stumble. "Say, (Y/n), don't you think I'm doing great? I'm taking revenge on everyone who's wronged me and my mum! There are a surprising amount of rich people in this area!

"... well, there were."

You audibly gulped, and spoke hoarsely, "Lucinda, I don't think that this is going to help your mother"

"Oh, but it will," Lucinda cut you off, her smile twitching unnervingly. "Once I get rid of all the stupid people telling her what to do, then she'll be fine, and we can finally live as a happy family! Like we deserve to!"

A happy family. Funny how you both wanted the same thing.

She stalked down the streets, as you continued to unwillingly follow her, till you reached the Eiffel Tower, and she cleared a path over to the steps up the giant structure. Oh fuck, was she taking you up there? This felt like forced tourism.

Indeed, Lucinda did begin to climb upwards, and all you could do was shadow her movements, as the ground steadily got further and further away. You knew the rope was magic, but it still didn't stop you from attempting to free yourself.

Fucking hell, where were Chat Noir and Ladybug when you needed them?!

"Ugh, this is boring," Lucinda complained, before pulling out her sharp wand, and then taking off.

"W-Wait—!" you cried out, but it was too late.

You were pulled off your feet, and found yourself being dragged upwards through the air, to the top of the tower. The rope which you'd once desperately wanted off was now your lifeline, unless you wanted to fall to your death.

Lucinda cackled at your fearful expression; "Sorry for the flight! I can only make one person fly at once, so you'll just have to dangle there! You know, if it weren't for this magic rope, I would've dropped you long ago!"

"Oh, so you're doing the thing where you explain all your powers?" you chuckled mirthlessly, "Mind telling me what your weaknesses are then?"

"Heh, you're funny!" Lucinda complimented. "I always thought that about you, you know? Just some funny, British kid who lived across from me…" she trailed off, sparing a glance at you, before huffing, and flying up further.

This made you pause; had you gotten to her a little? She did know who you were, maybe if you could jog her consciousness it would buy you enough time to get the hell out of here.

Unfortunately, you had no time to think further. Lucinda arrived at the top of the tower, right at the pinnacle, and then held her arm outwards, leaving you to hang there, by the rope. In fact, the effects of gravity were so intense that one of your hands slipped out from the synthetic fibre, and was left limply at your side.