Part 21 - 168 Starconches

The next six months passed by like the breezes upon the moors of Mondstadt; Zhongli stood in the port of the Harbour, staring across the horizon in search of a ship hailing from Snezhnaya. Childe had left a month or so prior, citing some 'super mega secret and extremely dangerous Harbinger business' as the cause for his sudden disappearance.

Ships from Snezhnaya docked only once a month; the journey between the two nations was a long one, with a stop in Inazuma along the way due to diplomatic relationships between the Fatui and the Inazuma Bakufu. The port was rather quiet at this hour; it was dark already, shop vendors and tourists alike already at home sleeping soundly. It wasn't normal to be awake at three in the morning.

Tensions between the Qixing and the Fatui lifted slightly over the course of those six months since what is now dubbed 'The Osial Incident'; even the inhabitants of Liyue seemed to be a bit calmer around Snezhnayans, even Childe after he almost destroyed their home (although their changed attitude towards the Harbinger may be attributed to the Zhongli's slight meddling in the matter).

Finally, over the horizon, and illuminated in subtle light, a steel plated ship, large and looming, came into view; the symbol of the Fatui was plastered on either side of the bow, signalling to the world around them what, or rather who, the ship transported. It was moving towards the Harbour surprisingly quickly for its rather large size, which Zhongli attributed to Snezhnaya's technological advancements.

Before the Archon could realise it, the ship was already docking, guided by a single Millelith standing guard by the docks. Small groups of Fatui - mages and agents amongst normal office workers - poured out of the ship, with some pulling crates of imported goods to be taken to the Ministry of Civil Affairs. Zhongli searched for the Harbinger amongst the crowd, trying to spy out his unruly mop of ginger hair amidst the other Snezhnayans.

And alas, he spotted Childe in a small crowd walking out behind some crates; the Harbinger broke into a sprint, expertly weaving his way around his comrades, running up the stairs at inhuman speeds until he was just a few steps away from Zhongli.

"Hi," the Harbinger breathed out, walking forward to let Zhongli embrace him in his arms, "I missed you so much." Zhongli gently rested his chin on Childe's head, pulling him impossibly closer.

"I missed you too, Ajax," Zhongli responded, eliciting a soft hum from the man in his arms, "shall we return home? I'm sure you're tired." As if on cue, the Harbinger yawned.

"Absolutely, and I'm sure you are too," Childe smiled as he unwound himself from Zhongli's arms, only to intertwine their hands together; Zhongli chuckled slightly.

"Actually, Adepti don't get 'tired'. In fact, I have slept only once or twice since your departure," the Archon explained as they walked rhythmically towards the Parlour; Childe laughed.

" Oh, now that explains a lot ," he chuckled, planting a soft kiss on Zhongli's cheek, causing the Archon to snicker just a little.

"I only enjoy sleeping if it's with you," Zhongli smiled as they finally approached the Parlour and weaved around the side until they reached their house: Zhongli swiftly unlocked the door and led Childe inside, an action both men had grown overly familiar with.

Childe instantly attached his lips to Zhongli's as soon as the latter had shut the door of their house, pushing the Archon against the door behind him before hopping up slightly to hook his legs around Zhongli's waist; the consultant moved his hands to support Childe's back in place as he deepened the kiss.

"You have no idea how much I missed you," Childe breathed out sharply when Zhongli switched their positions, the Harbinger's back hitting the door with a thud; Zhongli simply responded with a hum, diving back to catch another kiss, only for his lips to meet with Childe's forehead. He seemed to be... laughing very, very softly.