Since When Do Heroes Care About Criminals?

My family was imprisoned while I was just put in jail.

They had a very long sentence on them while I was just being held for now.

I have been here for almost ten hours now.I was given new clothes as I waited for them to imprison me.

I swallow as I stare at my feet and try to think of anything else other than my family. I wonder if that security guard I stitched up was okay or not.

Suddenly I hear someone say my name. "Sawyer Pennington" A police officer says walking up to my cell.

I look up and he opens the bar doors. "You're free," He says.

I blink and stare at him.

"What?" I ask.

"Look kid, we only held you here to sort out what was happening. We found out you didn't have any part in it and your dad and brothers said that you had been trying to stop them the entire time. The security guard they shot would have died if you didn't help him. So, all charges have been dropped and since there wasn't any money stolen you're free"

I get up and he hands me my stuff. "But, you are granted one conversation with your dad before you leave. He'll be in here a while so you might wanna say goodbye or something" He says.

I nod and change then follow him to the interrogating room.

The guard walks in with me where I see my dad.

I inhale sharply through my nose as I stare at him without sitting down. He was handcuffed to a table and looked like a ticking bomb.

Finally I sit down.

"Hey dad," I say meekly.

Dad looks at me then jumps for me.

I gasp and practically fall out of my chair as I jerk myself as far away from him as possible.

He's stopped by handcuffs and the guard.

"I'll kill you!" Dad yells at me repeatedly as I'm ushered out of the room.

"Ugh" the police officer says "Sorry kid."

I stare at nothing in particular as my hands shake.

He brings me to the phones where I'm supposed to call someone to pick me up. Instead I slip out of the station.

Thunder booms and lightning splits in the distance.I look up at the sky dreading the rain to come. It starts to sprinkle and I sink into ky shoes.

I grab my hood and pull it up over my head.

What am I supposed to do now? Where am I supposed to go? Back home?

Dad was gone, where am I supposed to live?

I thrust my hands in my pockets and walked down the street.

I don't really want to think about that or go anywhere, I'm just gonna go find a good place to sulk and dread the future.

The rain starts to trickle down my hair strands and onto my nose.

It's cold as always but there's this strange aroma in the air. It fills my nose with dust and cat food, it's not a familiar scent to me.

It becomes overwhelming to me and I cover my nose.

The people I pass look at me strangely because they don't smell it.

I turn down a street no one is going down.

"Well, well, well" A woman's voice says right next to my ear.