Bad Patrols

(This is a future chapter that does not take place after the previous chapter)

It started as a bad day. One, it was raining. Two, my charger wasn't plugged into the wall all night resulting in my phone being on the brink of death all day.

I was also still tired from last night's patrol. We had stayed out later than usual and when I got back I had to do homework making me stay up all the way to the next day.

Balancing school AND patrol was hard.

I went to school today and everyone was only talking about the big dance coming up.

A few of my friends kept bugging me about which girl I was gonna bring when I didn't know myself.

I don't even really want to go but I'm gonna end up going anyway.

The teachers didn't help when they dished out loads of homework to finish by the end of the week and today was Thursday.

Alfred brings me home and I head to the kitchen for food.

I look through the fridge but don't find anything. After searching through the pantry I take out the peanut butter and scoop out a spoonful to lick while I eat pretzels.

I hear my phone beep and look down at my pocket. I take my phone out of my pocket and see a text from Courtney, the party planner.

"Want to go to the dance with me?" She asks.

I groan and roll my head back to the ceiling.

I've been asked by three girls already. Wasn't that my job to ask?

I put my phone back in my pocket and decide to answer her later.

I'm just about to enjoy my delectable snack when Alfred walks in.

"Master Sawyer, the bat signal has been shone in the sky. Master Bruce, is in the batcave." Alfred says.

It's not that I don't like being a superhero, I'll probably never get bored of it, it's just that this is a crappy day and time for us to be called out.

"Thanks Alfred" I grumble as I walk to the batcave.

I get down and change then jump in the batmobile.

"How was school?" Batman asks as we drive through the cave at a hundred miles an hour.

"Fine, but everyone is bugging me about who I'm taking to the dance. I hardly know any girls!" I complain.

"Sounds like a real problem" Batman teases.

"Don't even play that game with me right now," I say, putting my hands in my hoodie pockets. "I'm having a bad enough day as it is."

We get shot out of the tunnels and into the city.

Batman turns the car sharply and says "Why can't you bring Courtney?" He asks.

"Courtney?" I ask looking at him in disgust.

"She's the principal's daughter and seems to like you from what I could tell when she came over" he says.

I frown "Courtney is obsessed with every guy that combs their hair and has white teeth. Besides, a lot of other boys have asked her to the dance already."

Batman shrugs and says "Dick had the same problems as I recall. You could ask him"

"Dick? He's the last person I'd ask right now! He's the one who invited Courtney over to the mansion in the first place remember?"