Training 24/7

My day was going really well until Bruce's fist collided with my face. Really, I had finally figured out how to walk around the mansion without getting confused, I had a great sleep, my new clothes Alfred got me actually fit and were comfortable. I regret nothing, except for the fact that I couldn't avoid that punch.

I can almost always avoid punches, but Bruce's I can't.

Stars flash as heat rushes to my face.

"Breath" Bruce says.

I inhale and exhale heavily trying to steady my heartbeat.

"Okay," I say breathlessly. "How do I avoid a punch like that?"

"You don't," Bruce answers.

"What?" I ask, looking at him surprised.

Bruce steps to me and shows me how to grab the wrist and use the force to throw the person over my shoulder.

Training continues and I get more exhausted as I go.

I feel like all that's happening is he is using me as a personal punching bag. I fall as he swings his leg under my feet.

"You need to learn how to act faster," Bruce says, looking down at me.

"Okay" I groan sitting up. "I might be completely off but I kinda feel like ever since I came here all I do in training is fall on my back, get punched, get kicked, and workout"

Bruce nods "Yeah, that's all you've been doing" He reaches down and takes my hand and helps me up.

"Yeah, thought so" I say grunting and getting to my feet.

Bruce crosses his arms "What did you use before to help you fight?"

I think for a second then say "Well, I would watch one spot on them and guess which arm they use to fight first. Most people start with a right punch. But, most of the time I just avoid their attacks and throw them off balance and ware them out. Then I would hit their pressure points"

"What gives you the upperhand?" Bruce asks.

I tilt my head to the side "Uh, not much, I guess how fast I can move, or how long I can fight. But it's completely different with you, you're really fast and the constant training is wearing me out"

He nods "You need to learn to react quicker. There are a few methods to do this but the most commonly used one in our family is-"

The training door gets kicked open and Dick and Jason walk in grinning.

"Uh, hi?" I say.

"The most commonly used one is floor is lava and think fast" Jason says.

"What are those?" I ask.

"Think fast" Jason announces before chucking something at me.

I avoid it barely since I don't know what it is then hear a very heavy thud where it lands.

I look over and see a billiard ball and look back at him "You could have taken off my head!" I exclaim.

"Good thing you moved" Jason smirks.

I frown at them and Dick smiles "Think fast is when we throw things at you and you have to decide whether to catch it or not. If we threw a tennis ball at you and you didn't catch it then you would have to do a hundred push ups. But if we threw a billiard ball and you avoided it then that's fine"

"And if I caught the billiard ball?" I ask.

"Then the muscle in your arms would have ripped" They both say.