5 : is it love?

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Returning to school on Monday, yujin was quite early like usual, the sooner she left her home the better. she walked with a slight limp to her classroom, her head down as she radiated a gloomy aura and not her usual cheerful one.

But who am I kidding, what kid that gets abused by their parent―who's supposed to protect and care for them― has the energy to keep a smile on their face, a fake one at that.

As yujin made her way to her locker, she placed her bag inside, taking her books for history in hand and the pen she had lost the other day was still missing so she would have to ask riki for a pen once again.

Before the bell ran, the girl took some time to go over her notes from the previous class, making sure she took the correct notebook and not embarrass herself. Yujin was immersed in her notes, somehow finding George Washington interesting, not noticing the playful boy that bit back a smile, trying to be as quiet as possible to scare her.

"CAUGHT YOU, YUJIN!" sunghoon yelled out as he turned her around by her shoulders, a bright smile on his face as he unknowingly pressed a little too much on her shoulder.

Wincing at the contact, yujin carefully moved sunghoon's hand away from her shoulder. It was where she had one of the many bruises that she had received when she came back from her little run-away act on saturday. As soon as she came back she was pushed on to the door, hurting her shoulder on one of the door locks as she received a welcoming slap to her face.

"so, I was right" she heard sunghoon mutter under his breath and yujin looked at him with a puzzled expression. "huh?"

"nothing" he smiled, shaking his head. "sorry about that, I didn't mean to hurt you" he apologized, going through his backpack before taking out a little white container. "what's that?" she questioned as she watched sunghoon open the container's lid, taking a bit of the substance on her finger. "it's pain-relieving cream, I use it a lot when I get injuries in the skating rink"

"i'm okay though" she tried to deny the care, but he glared at her she quickly bit her tongue and quietened down. "I won't ask," he pulled her body closer, gently moving her shirt to the side―just enough to see the bruise― before applying the cream on it. "but just know that you now have me if you want to talk about it."

"i'm also your friend now" he added, making the girl flustered. Yujin felt her cheeks burn up, yet she didn't know what that feeling in the pit of her stomach was. Was she going to be sick? Did she have some sort of underlying sickness that could end up in her being hospitalized?

Was it maybe lov- no. there's no way. Even if she did fall in love, it's not like he would like her back, she wasn't someone worthy of being loved anyway.

'you're not worthy of love. The only thing a disgusting slut like you deserves is to be lonely like me. Its your fault that your mother passed so you should die alone as a punishment for your sins'

Remembering her father's words, she shook the thought of love right off her head before coming back to reality.

"thank you, hoon" she sent him a tiny smile, the nickname alone made his heart flutter and he chuckled, giving her the smallest and harmless shove on her not injured shoulder. "eyy~," he teased, wiggling his eyebrows, "you even gave me a nickname"

"I take it back, park." Yujin glared, turning around quickly, and tried to make her way to her class while also wanting to hide her growing smile from the dumbfounded boy behind her.

"i'm kidding! I'm kidding!" he laughed, catching up to her before gently ruffling her hair, something that was becoming a habit but the two didn't mind, yujin enjoyed the affection she received from the taller male. "I'll see you at lunch, jinnie"

"look who's the one giving nicknames now!" she teased, waving goodbye before finally leaving to her class.