12 : officer min.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

walking side by side with sunghoon towards her house, yujin was nervous to say the least. she was thankful for having someone like sunghoon, sticking by her side even when she tried pushing him away and pretty much risking his life to help set her free from her father.

she wanted to take this time to apologize to him but as much as she wanted to push the words out of her, she couldn't bring herself to. her words were stuck in her throat and refused to leave.

"yujin" "sunghoon" they both started at the same time. chuckling, yujin gave him a playful push.

"you first.." she said with a small smile lingering on her lips and sunghoon nodded. "I know it might not seem like the right time but i just need to get it out there.." he began, stopping in his tracks as he turned her around to face him, his hand searching for hers before he intertwined their fingers together.

"i'm not doing this because of charity work or anything, i genuinely want to help you.. and because i like you. i want to be by your side every step of the way, in the ups and downs, i want to be there for you. i want to be someone you can rely on.."

there was a long silence after that. yujin only stared at him with an unreadable expression and that alone scared sunghoon.

"I'm sorry if- if i-"he quickly dropped her hand before his hands quickly covered his face in embarrassment, his ears turning a deep red color as he muttered curse words under his breath.

in her eyes though, he looked so adorable. yujin had to admit that the shy boy's confession and sincere words made her heart skip a beat and it made her feel all warm and giddy inside.

"hoon.." she started, grabbing his hands, and pulling them away from his face to bring his attention back to her. "it's okay. we're okay" she assured, smiling brightly for him to make sure he understood that she was okay with his confession.

"do you accept my feelings for you?"

yujin blushed lightly, interlocking their fingers together once again. "give me some time, yeah? i'm not saying i don't like you, because I do but i just want to focus first on getting myself back up again"

sunghoon totally understood where she came from, and he nodded his head. "i will wait no matter how long it takes" the words that left his mouth were full of sincerity and that made yujin's heart ache. how could someone be so supportive and understanding?, she thought.

after debating a bit about what she was going to do, the girl quickly stood on her tiptoes to place a peck on sunghoon's cheek. "get home safe, yeah? bye now!" she spoke hurriedly, before making a run for it back to hide in her home, not turning around once.

sunghoon was left frozen outside, his face burning up as he processed what just happened.

"YAH! GET BACK HERE AND KISS ME PROPERLY"