Chapter 7

"Raksha" called Ashwin.

"Enna da" replied back Rakshan.

"Naan konjam veliya poitu varan nee paathukuriya veeta?" Ashwin asked.

"Ithu enna da puthusa kekara nee epo ponalum naan thaane pathukiren" a puzzled Rakshan asked.

Ashwin hit his forehead lightly and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry machan etho yosinaila..." he dragged.

Rakshan assumed the reason for this was the same reason as his hidden smiles and better mood these days. "Sari vidu da naan paaathukren"

"Thanks machan" and with that Ashwin left the house locking the door behind him.

Rakshan knew the reason behind his weird behaviour these days, and he didn't even guess it. Ashwin himself told him. It was a girl.

The first time Ashwin had accidently messaged a girl thinking it was him, Ashwin immediately told him about it afterwards. He told him how he had thought that he had thought that the girl was a boy and said a few things to her.

A few days after that incident had happened, Rakshan noticed Ashwin behaving restless and looking at his phone constantly. When he had inquired Ashwin about this the reply he had got shocked him. Ashwin told him that he had accidently hurt the feelings of the girl he had messaged, and that he was hoping that the girl would forgive him. Rakshan was astonished with the behaviour of Ashwin but did not show it out.

Ashwin wasn't the type of person to mingle with people. He kept to himself and talked to those he needed to professionally. Rakshan had thought Ashwin would stop contacting the girl he had messaged after that day but surprisingly he hadn't.

Rakshan wanted to know who this girl was, he didn't want his friend to get hurt in the process of getting to know each other. Ashwin never talked to girls freely before and this was the first time he had even without knowing who the girl was. All Rakshan wanted was for Ashwin to be happy in life, after losing so many opportunities in life and struggling all these years all Rakshan hoped was for a good life for Ashwin.

There were times were Rakshan encouraged his friend to maybe interact with his co-stars and get to know them a bit better hoping he would be more relaxed and maybe find that girl he needs in his life but Ashwin wouldn't budge.  He always repeated the same thing over and over again. "Naan muthala career-la settle aaganum"

Rakshan gave up with trying to convince his friend and let it be hoping god would do something soon enough. And well that's what god did except not the way Rakshan wanted it to be.

Rakshan paced around the room, lost in his thoughts only to stumble upon the coffee table and hit his toe against one of it's legs.

"Amma" he cried softly while caressing his foot. While doing so something caught his eye. There on the coffee table was Ashwin's phone. "Kadavule, avan phone-ah vitutu poitan thank you"

Rakshan picked up the phone that was lying on the table and attempted to unlock it, eventually within two to three tries he successfully did. His friend being a PS lover had his password related to that.

Scrolling through his contacts he stumbled upon a contact labelled Ms. Rowdy. This must be the girl he thought.

Rakshan called the girl directly wanting to know who she was and what she wanted with Ashwin. He had so many questions to ask her. Did she know who Ashwin was? Was she really an innocent girl? Or was she here to mess around with Ashwin's feelings and then leave him?

Within a few rings the other person picked up the call. 

"Enna Kumareyy, call-lam pannirukinga, ithuvum accident-ah?" the person said cheerfully. The voice was quite certainly a feminine one but due to bad signal the voice wasn't clear but Rakshan felt as though the voice was very familiar to him but couldn't quite put his finger on who it was.