Chapter 10

Ungaluku intha chapter pudikum-nu ninaikuren

~~~~

Ashwin stood in front of the mirror as he straightened his shirt and adjusted his hair. He then grabbed the watch that was laying on the dressing table and wrapped it around his wrist and clasped it, making sure it was tight and fit. He nervously adjusted the colour of his shirt as he looked into his reflection on the mirror.

There he stood, fresh and smart looking, he totally looked as if he were about to attend a party. His facial expressions looked confident and unwavering but inside him their was flow of emotions running through him. Today was supposed to be a happy day, he was to go out and enjoy his time celebrating but here he was standing in front of his mirror thinking about his insecurities.

Today he was supposed to attend an event in order to celebrate the success of his Short film Kadhal Ondru Kanden which had recently gotten released a few months ago. No one was expecting such a response to this short film and when it did they all wanted to hold an event on behalf of the success. A token of happiness they said, and fans all over for the movie were waiting eagerly for behind the scene images.

Working on this film with Punith was a total bliss, he had not expected such an opportunity one bit and when it came by him he could not at all turn it down. He had happily accepted and worked on this film along with Rio Raj and Nakshathra. Both were open and friendly people, he's had multiple casual conversations with Rio and Exchanged a few words every time he had shooting with Nakshathra.

 The people he bonded most with through this film was Punith and Siddhu, two people he would never forget in his life, they were the ones who believed in him and hyped him for this film, they didn't get irritated when he suggested to make changes here and there. When he stubbornly said he wanted Kanna Veesi as the main song for the movie and declined the other song that everyone else had chosen they accepted it. From the start they had a little doubt in the song Kanna Veesi and wondered if it wouldn't get a good response but they agreed for him, they trusted him and had belief in him.

As much as this short film was an opener for him and gave him more opportunities, there wasn't that much recognition from it at the same time. He remembered reading an article about the film after the short film released and saw that his name was not included anywhere in the article. It didn't mention him anywhere at all.

He was crushed, not seeing his name in an article about his short film crushed him hard. He still didn't know the reason behind why they didn't add his name even though he was the Hero. Promising himself that he will one day achieve something better he moved on from the incident hoping for someone to realise his talent and give him a chance.

Ashwin grabbed his car keys from the side table, after looking at himself once more in the mirror. He left the apartment after switching off all the lights, getting into the car turned on the engine and drove to the resort at a medium pace not wanting to arrive there that early.

The car screeched to a halt near the parking lot, slowly backing his car into the allocated box, he stepped out and locked the car. He walked to the entrance of the resort and gazed at the bright lights and decorations, already having a bad feeling about this, his mind telling him to go back. A few people were outside laughing over drinks about some topic they were discussing. Inside he could see Rio and Nakshathra engaged in a conversation.

Taking in a deep breath, he set his mind and walked inside to be welcomed by his cast members. They greeted him and asked him how he was doing, to which he replied politely feeling a bit uncomfortable at the amount of people talking to him at the same time. Wanting to get away for a while he excused himself by saying that he was going to go meet the director.