Chapter 16

•👀🙏•

Convincing his parents actually seemed easier than what Ashwin had expected, especially his mother, once he had informed them of the offer he had received for the cooking show his mother's first question had been, "Ithu unnaku set aagum-ah pa?" he had replied by saying that he already knows cooking and that there wasn't any harm in trying, the show itself was made as a fun segment.

 His father on the other hand was a bit tougher to handle, already a tad bit upset over the fact that his son was not pursuing his life like everyone else was, he grew mad and spoke one or two things out of turn. With a little encouragement from his mother, Ashwin put the words his father had said behind him -understanding what his father felt from his point of view- and tried his best to clarify that the show wasn't going to humiliate him. The conversation went for about 20 minutes -surprisingly- with back to back arguments, until Ashwin's father understood that everything his son had said was right, perseverance is always important when aiming to achieve your goal and that's what his son was doing.

The wheels of Ashwin's car screeched lightly because of the loose pieces of tiny rock as he backed up his car into the allocated box for parking. Once he had switched off the engine for the car, he stepped out and took a look at his surroundings with curiosity, the moment had finally come.

This was it.

Ashwin clasped both his hands together and took a deep breath to calm his nerves. The building was right in front of him, all he had to do was take a few steps forward and enter it, but something held him back as he stood walking back and forth trying to make up his mind.

'Pogatuma? Illa Vennama?'

Suddenly a tingling sensation begins to crawl up his neck as he stiffens. Rubbing the back of his neck he spins his body in the opposite direction to look behind himself only to find no one there. For a slight moment, he felt as if he were being watched. But who could possibly be watching him? Pushing the thought away, he makes up his mind and walks towards the building, pressing the glass door open he steps inside.

There he finds himself staring directly into the eyes of a man of average height with glasses, he seemed to be taking some kind of note on his clipboards but had looked up when he had entered. The man seemed vaguely familiar but he couldn't quite put his finger on who he was, and as if the man had realized what Ashwin was thinking, came forward and extended his hand.

"Hi, naa Parthiv Mani CWC-oda director" 

Ashwin hesitantly shakes hands with him before introducing himself, "Naa Ashwin Kumar"

"Theriyum" Parthiv says while Ashwin nods awkwardly, "If you walk down this hallway you'll soon find your assigned room with a label that has your name written on it"

"Thank-nga" Ashwin makes a move to walk away when Parthiv's voice stops him in his tracks.

"Aprom, enkita unga doubts allathu unga suggestions-ah convey panna hesitate pannatheenga, enna oru director-ah ninakaama oru friend-ah yosichukonga"

A genuine smile appears on Ashwin's face before he thanks Parthiv wholeheartedly and leaves in the direction of the changing rooms. Parthiv stares at Ashwin's retreating figure with a thoughtful gaze. 'Konjam shy type pola'

"MACHA!!" a voice shouted once Ashwin had closed the door to his room, startled by the unexpected voice, Ashwin turned around to get engulfed in a hug. 

"Dei Rakshan, neeya? Enna da panra en room-la?" Ashwin asks.

"Machaan, eppdi da iruka, romba naal aachu-la, nee yenna da intha pakkam, naa host panra show-na set-la nee yenna da panra?" Rakshan says as if he doesn't know what's going on.