Chapter 11

The plate rattled as she pushed her plate away, the spoon moving here and there. She couldn't hold in another bite of food. Taking a gulp of water she exhaled. It was the first time she ever turned down curd rice. 

Her mother had noticed she was a bit down for the past few days, so she had prepared one of her favourite foods, but Sivaangi half heartedly only ate a few bites. Concerned her mother tried talking to her, opening up always helps but Sivaangi wouldn't budge, she turned her mother down bye saying it was one of her usual mood swings. Hardly convinced her mother left the topic hoping at least tomorrow there would be a change in her. 

"Good night ma" Sivaangi wished her mother not meeting her eyes. Binni ma opened her mouth to say something, when her daughter turned around and walked away briskly. 

Getting into her room she bolted the door shut and changed into some comfortable leggings and a loose cropped cotton t-shirt. Untying her hair she flopped down on her bed, Her arms and legs spread wide, in a starfish position.

Snuggling into her pillow she wraps her arms tight around her pillow, breathing it in. Closing her eyes tight she tries hard to fall asleep. She tosses and turns around in her bed to just miraculously fall into the depth of darkness but nothing comes, her thoughts just keep coming back to why she was behaving like this even if she tried to push it away.

Sivaangi gets up from her bed and moves to the door. If she was unable to sleep then she might as well do something else. Unlocking and opening the door, she looked up and down the hallway, making sure no one was awake at this time to question her whereabouts. 

Hurrying back into her room she grabs a blanket, a pillow and her phone. Halting mid-step she also decides to take a bar of chocolate with her, to help with her mood swings. Slowly sneaking out of her room she walks up the stairs and towards the terrace of her home.

As Sivaangi steps out of the doorway of the terrace, the cool breeze hit against her face, making her sigh calmly, she lays down the blanket as she arranges the pillow on it. Waling a bit further away from the set up, she leans against the railing and looks up at the moon.

It's been a week since she had last talked to him, she remembered every single detail of their conversation, she had happily conversed with him about her Idol/Crush Ashwin Kumar. After that incident she was unable to find time to talk to him as her as she had gotten busy, she even informed him of it and he replied back that he was also busy for the next four days.

Both decided to catch up with each other once they were free, but to Sivaangi's surprise, he hasn't messaged her or replied to the message she sent for the past 3 days. He had said it was only 4 days but if that had really been the case wouldn't he have replied by now? Or at least inform her that maybe his schedule has been extended?

Worry took over her. Was he okay? Is he in danger? Is he sick or maybe hurt? Had he gotten into an accident or something and was unable to inform anyone of it? Her mind kept asking why she cared and why he should tell her if something had happened to him, but her heart wouldn't allow such thoughts, all she cared was for his well being.

Switching on her phone, she clicked on his contact, the phone's brightness lighting up her face. She had an internal debate in her mind whether or not she should do this. Finally coming to a conclusion she did.

She pressed on the dial button.

~~~~~~

Gloomily Ashwin stared up at the moon, recent events in his life making him feel extremely low and broken. What did he do to deserve this? It was a question he asked himself all the time. Is he really that bad of a human? Does he really not deserve anything good?