Chapter 9

"Sivaangi!" her mother called from the living room.

"Enna ma?" called back Sivaangi from the backyard.

It was just a normal day for Sivaangi, free of any shoots her schedule was free so she though to spend her day relaxing at home with her kittens and catch up on some K-Dramas she has yet to watch. Her mother and father were in the living room discussing something that she wasn't interested in so she left them be and went out only to called back by her mother a few minutes later which left her frustrated.

"Konjam living room-ku vaayen" her mother requested.

"Seri seri, porumai-ya irunga" Sivaangi said as she did her signature walk to the living room making her parents chuckle at their child like daughter. 

"Enna ma? Ippothaane veliya ponan athukulla veetu-kulla alachiteenga"

"Illa ma, athu vanthu namma shopping polam-nu irukom athuku unnayum kooteetu polame-nu sonnen Appa kitta, neeyum variya?" her mother asked making Sivaangi jump in joy.

Sivaangi adored shopping. The experience of looking at new and abnormal things made her excited. But she rarely went out as she normally goes with her parents and they were always busy with their performances as they were Carnatic singers and the recent covid pandemic did create obstacles to going out out and enjoying the day. 

Sivaangi agreed without a second thought and rushed upstairs to get ready, she threw open her closet doors and picked out the first outfit her eyes caught which turned out to be a beige top with a simple lace overlay with a pair of blue jeans. She quickly pulled her hair into a simple pony tail with a few strands loose. Grabbing her phone she clattered down the stairs in a jiffy, making her mother scold her for not paying attention while coming down the stairs.

"Appa! paaru pa amma-va epo paarthalum thituraanga" Sivaangi complained to her father hoping to get him one her side.

"Binni ma, videu ava chinna ponnu, vilayaatuku panra" supported her father earning a glare from her mother.

It was only for a few seconds, until the trio ended up in a fit of laughter. Due to their laughter a dazed Vinyaak came down the stairs yawning and rubbing his eyes.

"Oruthara konjam thoonga vida maateengale" complained Vinaayak.

"Dei nee veetula iruka-nu ippo thaan nyabagam varuthu, neeyum kelambu shopping polam" Binni ma said.

"Ill ma naan veetla irunthu PS vilayada poren" Vinaayak says.

"Eppo paaru PS nenaipo-da iru, paithiyam- PS paithiyam" Sivaangi mocks.

"Aama naan apdi thaan, nee konjam poruthu paaren unna kattika pora aal-lum PS paithiyam-ah thaan irupar" Vinaayak says with a smirk.

"Poda" Sivaangi shoos her brother, while her parents laugh at their sibling rivalry. Sivaangi wondered if what her brother might turn out to be true.

_________

Stepping into the clothing store Sivaangi looks around in wonder, the bright lights and multiple floors attracted her curious mind as she walked around observing a rack of hats. Her father followed behind her as her mother went off to look at some other products that the store had in store.

"Appa ithu nallaruka?" Sivaangi asked holding up a dark blue umbrella with tiny snowflake designs.

"Super-ah iruku ma, unnaku pidichuruntha eduthuko" Her father offered while Sivaangi thanked him and skipped off happily to the next section.

After an hour of searching, exploring and piking out things for the house and themselves they ended up in the woman's clothing section to pick out a few outfits. Sivaangi wanted a few tops and jeans to wear out casually so she went and did her thing while her mother and father looked for traditional clothing for their concerts.