almost- finale

3rd POV

All he could think about was his dear friend. It had been a week since he witnessed his best friend fall to his death.

The last few text messages from him were a haunting reminder that he couldn’t save him.

Heeseung was dressed in all black as he walked in the front of the procession, holding his beloved J ongseong’s framed photo. His cheeks were streaked with tears, his eyes red, swollen, and full o f grief.

Heeseung couldn’t forget what happened. It was all so vivid. One second he’s sleeping, the next h e’s awoken by a myriad of alarming texts from his best friend.

He tried so hard, ran so fast, only to be a second too late. He caught the glimpse of a smile on Jo ngseong’s face as he fell, a single tear dropping from his eye as he mouthed the words, “I lo ve you. Goodbye” before Jongseong closed his eyes and embraced his fate.

The ambulance was on their way as Heeseung ran to his friend’s nearly lifeless body, head b leeding and everything bent in an odd way, everything was broken for sure, it was a 12 story f all.

He can still hear himself say, “Jongseong, please, don’t go. Why’d you do this? Please, stay…” cr ying the whole time.

Heeseung was covered in Seong’s blood as the ambulance came and took him away.

Heeseung was allowed to stay in the ambulance with Jongseong, as they tried their best to save hi m, but upon arriving, he was declared dead. At 5:07am, on XX/XX/20XX, in Seoul Central H ospital.

Heeseung cried the most out of everyone. Jongseong’s mother merely took a look and left, his fa ther didn’t even bother to come. Heeseung knew Jongseong was nothing but a disposable heir to them, b ut they could have at least helped with the funeral.

Heeseung and his parents planned the younger’s funeral, with attention to detail and making s ure he had a peaceful journey to the afterlife.

Heeseung cried. He cried so much, he felt sick. He had been the first to shovel dirt on top, his s alty tears dripping down and making contact with the beautiful mahogany casket Jongseong w as placed in.

Heeseung collapsed in his mothers’ arms, not being able to bear the fact that such an important pe rson in his life, was just gone. Like that, poof.

Heeseung stayed the longest out of everyone, the whole 3 days and 2 nights, Heeseung stayed i n Jongseong’s funeral room, where day in and out, people came and bowed towards Jo ngseong, twice as always, and one towards himself while giving words of kindness to H eeseung.

During this time, he just bowed back and thanked them for their words of consideration.

He didn’t eat once, having fallen into a state of depression and grievance. After all the fo rmalities, he locked himself inside his room, not coming out once for two weeks, doing all his w ork online, starving and overworking himself.

One day, during his usual crying time, his phone dinged, but it wasn’t any notification, it was the sp ecial tone he had set for Jongseong.

Confused, he wiped his tears and picked up his phone, unlocking it and started crying even ha rder at the message.

The message read,

“Dear Heeseung,

If you’re receiving this message, then that means that I am no longer a part of this world. I’m so rry to have left you alone, but you should know that I just couldn’t take it anymore.