TEST OF LIFE

Sumitra switches on the lights of urmila's room. Urmila, who was sitting on bed, looks at her.

URMILA- choti maa..??

Sumitra smile at her lightly while Urmila gets up from her place.

URMILA- you want something..??

Sumitra shook her head denying. She looks at the whole room and moves towards the closed window. She opens the window panel to let the fresh air enter. Urmila watches her doing that.

SUMITRA- since long you are here in the room.. to socha tumhe dekhlu..

Said Sumitra moving towards Urmila while she smiles lightly.

URMILA- so sweet of you choti maa..

Sumitra smile at her and caresses her face lightly.

SUMITRA- you've not had anything since morning.. chalo.. dinner kar lo..

Said Sumitra holding urmila's hand while urmila shook at her denying.

URMILA- nahi choti maa.. I am fine..

Sumitra gave a look at her while urmila didn't said anything further.

SUMITRA- what fine.? Ye hamari Urmila hi hai na? Jo bhuk lagne par pura ghar sar par utha leti thi...??

Sumitra tried to lighten her mood. Urmila giggles hearing her.

URMILA- and then.. I used to call for Siya dii.. "dii...mujhe bhul lagi hai..."

Urmila acts remembering the moments and laughs at her own while Sumitra watches her with smile.

URMILA- aur fir siya dii, apna sara kam chodke, used to bring food for me..

Said Urmila smiling and at the other moment her smile gets converted into sadness.

URMILA- aaj bhi me wait kar rahi thi choti maa, if Siya dii comes or not..? But she didn't came..

Urmila's eyes gets teary while Sumitra looks sad for her. Urmila gulped controlling her tears and continued.

URMILA- mera.. sachme mann nahi hai kuch khane ka.. thank you choti maa..

Sumitra looks at her getting sad while Urmila controlled her tears smiling at her.

SUMITRA- tum agar khana nahi khaogi.. room me aise akeli bethi rahogi..to kaise chalega Urmila..??

Sumitra questioned her while Urmila bows down saying nothing.

SUMITRA- I've promised Lakshman, that I will take your care.. kya tum chahti ho, ki me apna promise pura na kar pau..??

Urmila looks at her immediately and nods her head in no. Sumitra holds her hands.

SUMITRA- I am thankful for all of yours sacrifices Urmila.. but abhi age you all have to suffer more.. aise me, you can't afford to fall ill right ?

Sumitra tried to make her understand while Urmila keeps her hand on sumitra's hold

URMILA- aisa nahi hai choti maa..

Urmila sighed at her and moves towards the other side.

URMILA- I know.. my behavior is making you tensed.. par me... Kya karu..?? Mera kahi mann nahi lag raha he...

Said Urmila while Sumitra feels pity on her.

URMILA- I am filled with mixed emotions.. mujhe dii and jiju ke liye bohot bura lag raha hai. Lakshman ki fikr horahi hai.. maa par gussa araha hai and...

She turns around to face sumitra.

URMILA- and I am feeling pity on all of us...

Sumitra bows down saying nothing while Urmila continued.