𝟐𝟗 | 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐨𝐦

THE WEEK BEFORE

... THE WEEK BEFORE ...

The man who had just shot a woman in cold blood was now tense like a string, awaiting judgment. The weapon his opponent was pushing into his back prevented him from making any sharp movements. Andrew knew he had to pay for the blood he shed. And his punishment was just about to begin...

"Lucifer, I... I can explain," he muttered, not even trying to hide the fear in his voice or shivers on his body. It was all his fault. He behaved like a coward. Instead of finding a compromise to save the lives of those he cared about.

"You don't have to explain anything," Lucifer said angrily. "Give me your gun," he ordered, and Andrew hesitated for a moment. Maybe if... no. He had no choice. He had to give up.

With trembling hands, he gave up the only thing that might still have saved him.

"Your son wouldn't be proud of what you did," Lucifer said matter-of-factly. He would never have thought that he, his business partner, his friend, would commit such a betrayal. However, he didn't know what made him make these decisions. Would something change if Andrew tried to defend himself? After all, he had to try. He will not flee from death, but perhaps he will be able to lighten his dirty deeds.

"If I had been quiet, my son would not have lived for a long time," he told Lucifer with a desperate breath. He expected the face of a man a few years younger than him to soften, hoping, he would understand just because he had a child, too. But it didn't happen. The skin on Lucifer's face swelled.

"And Cain? Would he be alive?" he growled, his gaze burning a hole into Andrew's eyes.

"I'm sorry, Lucifer," he apologized with more hopelessness. "I never wanted White to kill him."

"White didn't do it," Lucifer snapped, tilting his weapon to the side, which made Andrew to froze.

"You know very well that it was he who pulled the trigger that flew through Cain's heart," he spat out the words as if they were something obscene, then clenched his jaw and waited for what would follow.

"White may have pulled the trigger, but he didn't kill him. He didn't do it, but you did," Lucifer accused his friend, feeling nothing but endless sorrow and anger. "And you'll pay for it," he added, his body tensed like it sensed what he was about to do. He couldn't control himself anymore. A man who breathed dangerously on his neck was no longer close to him, he was a stranger, but even then, he couldn't kill him. Not because of his son. Not because of himself.

"Wait, Lucifer, hold on!" Andrew shouted, frightened. When was the last time he felt the taste of terror right on his tongue? For a long time, he wasn't doing anything that could've killed him. And maybe he wouldn't even come to see Juliet if he knew Lucifer was waiting for him here. I already sound like a complete coward, he said to himself with an embarrassment, but still, couldn't help but think about it more. "Tell my boy that-"

"You tell him," Lucifer interrupted harshly. Even though he decided to give someone mercy, his voice was harsh, with no hint of grace whatsoever.

Suddenly, he slammed Andrew's right shoulder with his weapon. The blow knocked him to his knees. He gasped and raised his hand awkwardly.

"Get up," Lucifer continued uncompromisingly. Andrew growled.

"Just... kill me," he said brokenly, holding on to the wounded spot, imagining how will he die. Little did he know that his friend had pity on him.

Lucifer chuckled.

"Your death would be easy," he said, "and it wouldn't change a shit. Why should I do that?" he asked, grabbing Andrew by the T-shirt like a rag and lifting him off the ground. Ignoring his painful sighs, he dragged him to the wall he had knocked him against. Andrew hit the back of the door on a wooden frame which caused a stabbing pain to shoot through his head. Pain. He had forgotten what it was like to feel it. Lately, he has only been a tool that evoked it in other people. His actions didn't harm him in any way. Apart from the guilt, which was slowly gnawing at his inside, not a single hair on his head has been touched.

Lucifer's hand wrapped around the man's neck, slowly clenching his fingers, blocking the air supply to the lungs of the enemy. Every inch of Andrew's body was on fire. The thought it would be better for him to die has crossed his mind, but at the same time, his survival instinct was slowly appearing.

"If I were you, I'd wished I was dead," Lucifer stressed exaggeratedly. His weapon has touched Andrew's sweaty forehead, and Andrew tried to avoid the disgusted look that Lucifer gave him by closing his tired eyelids.

He was waiting...

Both of them were.

For some time, it seemed that Lucifer had changed his mind and was about to kill Andrew. In a small house on a quiet street, a second, this time silent shot was fired. Andrew's eyes widened in surprise. Was he alive?

In front of him, there was a Lucifer's stone-cold face. He tried to examine every millimeter to figure out why he hadn't killed him. There was a question on the tip of his tongue that he longed to ask.

He didn't do it.

It was not necessary.

His eyes betrayed him. They reflected the unspoken Why and the million feelings that kept him from breathing. Fear, sadness, guilt, respect... it all squeezed his throat like a kind of anti-stress pillow, even though Lucifer had released Andrew a long time ago. He felt like he was about to suffocate, but not with his friend's hands, but with his existence.

"Get out of my sight," Lucifer hissed reluctantly.

The man who had known almost the same death as a woman in this place a few minutes ago had tackled, still shocked, and walked out the door before Lucifer could regret what he had done. Or rather, he what he didn't.

 Or rather, he what he didn't

Hello, my dearest badasses, 

just wanted to ask if y'all enjoying this story so far. I hope the answer is yes! I'm sorry if the structure of the sentences is sometimes weird or there are some misspellings - English is not my first language, but I'm trying my best to write like a human being, hh. 

Also - don't forget to vote, comment, and share it with your friends (maybe even on Twitter or Instagram if you wanna help a sis out <3 )- it will help the algorithm to boost this story for more people to see.

I would love for this story to have feedback, so maybe then even some of the Wattpad agents could see it (*sigh* I wish!).  Currently, I'm trying to attack Netflix with it - CAN YOU GUYS IMAGINE A MOVIE OUT OF IT? I would piss myself from excitement, lol, jk. Anyways, that's all I wanted to say for now - hope y'all doing well.

See ya at the next chapter,

Mia De Parth