𝟒𝟐 | 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 & 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 & 𝐫𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬

"It's healing fast," I muttered with my throat tightened, feeling as if invisible whips were pinching me, and as my fingers were gripped by Leo's, my heart skipped a beat

"It's healing fast," I muttered with my throat tightened, feeling as if invisible whips were pinching me, and as my fingers were gripped by Leo's, my heart skipped a beat. It hurt a little. But his gaze...that shit hurt me much more. Everything was mixed in it. Fear, disappointment, anger, relief...

I was expecting everything. Just not what followed.

Leo stopped squeezing my fingers and instead tangled his hand into mine, looking at me straight in the eye. The atmosphere between us intensified, making me paralyzed. He had a right to be mad at me, so why wasn't he?

"It wasn't fast to me," he said, frowning and my skin finally felt his warm face. At first, he was tense as a string, but it seemed to me that the second I touched him, he became relaxed. "During this week, every second I didn't know if you were okay was infinitely long." I eagerly swallowed all the words he said until there was only one left in my head. I let go of his hand, shocked.

"Did you say a week?" I whispered.

"Yes, it's been exactly a week since...you left me-...us." Leo paused before completing the sentence. As if he didn't want to remind me of what really happened. But I remembered it vividly. I still had him in front of me as I shoot a bullet through his leg. It was hard to escape the image that was torturing me.

"Otto? What's with him? Is he okay?" I quickly jumped on another topic and hoped that I would be able to detach from the imaginary metal chains that wrapped around my neck with each new memory.

"He's fine," his golden eyes assured me. "He's waiting for us in front of the building."

"HE'S HERE?" I shouted, overwhelmed with remorse. "What if something happens to him? Why did you take him with you?!"

"No worries," he tried to calm me down, "he's improved a lot in that time. You will be proud of him." Leo smiled. And at first, after a long time, the corners of my mouth turned to both sides. This pleasant feeling didn't last long. Leo got a message.

"We must leave. Right now," he ordered in a voice that could not be opposed.

"Why?" I demanded with a fighting tone.

"I'll explain later, come on," he pulled my hand in the opposite direction to the door. I was still weak, but I used all the remaining strength I had, to resist him.

"Explain it to me now," I said. I've had enough. Nobody wanted to tell me anything.

"There's no time for that," Leo objected.

"I need answers," I growled desperately. Otherwise, I will go crazy.

Leo stopped but didn't let go of my hand.

"And I need you to be safe." He moved, not caring that my legs didn't cooperate at all. They slid across the ground as he was dragging me behind him like a sack of potatoes.