𝟑𝟗 | 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

"What name should I register this car for?" asked the car mechanic, who modified Leo's car beyond recognition

"What name should I register this car for?" asked the car mechanic, who modified Leo's car beyond recognition. It didn't bother him at all that it was a stolen vehicle. It has always been easy to silence someone when you reach deeper into your bag.

I ran my fingers over the new car. At first, Otto and I couldn't agree on a color. Silver? White? Red? The black on this BMW stand out perfectly, but we didn't have a choice. In the end, the white won.

In the reflection of the hood, I saw someone who didn't even look like a girl from Sacramento. Today there was no Ria O'Donnell, only Tia Rayers.

I ran my hand into my short platinum blond hair and turned to my companion.

"It's yours," I indicated with my bright red lips. Otto's face lit up with joy.

"Benjamin Rayers," Otto replied as confidently as he could. He showed the man fake documents, and after boring paperwork, we set off again.

With the new identity, I felt bolder than ever before. I was away from the place where everything in my abnormal life sucked. Nobody knew me here. I had no one to bring me to my knees. The only thing that bothered me was Otto. I detached myself from everything that held a steel chain around my neck. Except for him. I only felt terror when I thought that something would happen to him because of me. On the other hand, it was nice to have someone close by your side.

With the certainty that nothing could go wrong, I got out of the car while Otto filled the tank. In my black leather jacket, I felt fearless. And also, who would have thought that I would love fingerless leather half-gloves so much? When Otto threw them in my basket at the mall, I just made a sour grimace.

"I think they'll fit you, try them," he told me. And now, I barely take them off.

Some guys smoking at the gas station whistled appreciatively. I smiled sweetly at them, enjoying the attention. It was time to pay, so Otto had to leave me alone. When the automatic sliding door closed behind him, the two strangers went to me like vultures for food. The taller and more muscular of them spoke out.

"I haven't seen you here yet, baby doll. Where are you from?" Blue eyes eagerly awaited an answer.

"I'm from Michigan," I lied, not fooled by flattery or a smile that would make many girls fall to their knees. His friend stood on the other side. I didn't like the way they surrounded me. To be honest, I didn't like anything about them.

"So, from Michigan, you say?" he repeated, taking a step closer. Only a small distance was left between us, which seemed more unbearable to me every second. The boy seemed to not care at all.

I turned my head slightly toward the cash register to see when Otto will return.

"Who is it?" the larger of them asked again. At first, I didn't understand who he meant. Then I noticed that his eyes wandered exactly where mine had just done a second ago.