𝟒𝟓 | 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫

I clutched the letter stiffly in my hands, hypnotizing the last words with the hope that they would turn into a familiar name. Your friend. What friend? I don't have any, besides from Otto and Leo, I guess. What if I no longer trust anyone, and no one trusts me?

Inside me, there were a hundred voices screaming that it was a trap. But despite this belief, I knew I was going there.

Someone knocked on the door, then burst in, making me instinctively hide the letter behind my back as I turned my face to the intruder.

"Why are you knocking when you come in here without permission anyway?" I hissed at Leo, who was left in shock. This is the second time he sees me in a towel.

"I'm just-," he began and fell silent. He tried to speak up again but failed unsuccessfully. "Only... Ehm..." He was looking at me like I was a doll on display or something and it made me feel a little uncomfortable. At the same time, I was flattered that he didn't look away, as he had done the last time. I couldn't help but wonder how many girls stood before him like that. What's more, how many naked women has he seen? Will I ever be able to match them, or will I be inferior to Leo forever? Why am I even thinking about it? It is absurd to think that it will go so far, and I will undress in front of him. These are just silly ideas. What the hell, Ria, focus!

"Why is it that whenever we're alone somewhere, you only find me in a towel?" I asked softly, pursing my lips seductively. Why was I playing with him like this? It was hard to admit, but I kind of liked this attraction between us. With my words, I managed to trigger so many emotions in Leo. Desire appeared on the mostly stony and disinterested face. It was strange to see him that way.

"I just wanted to ask you what pizza to order," he muttered, still taken aback.

"And you kind of hoped to see me wearing only small amounts of clothes on?" I grinned. Is it possible that I like how much power I have over him, but at the same time it scared me?

Leo decided to thwart our little intense moment and shot me a curious look.

"What are you hiding?" he asked, moving towards me. Panic was out of the options, so I tried to come up with a better answer.

"Tampon, you pervert," I snapped. Leo narrowed his eyes, wondering if he should trust me or not. I also stared at him, trying to push into his head this crazy lie of mine and to make a fool out of him, not myself. With a decision to end this interrogation, I growled: "You should leave." As if someone had snapped with fingers, Leo came to action. He nodded with a soft blush on his cheekbones, licked his dry lips, and disappeared through the door. Pfew. He almost got me.

When I was alone again, I closely examined the letter from the anonymous, as if in the meantime it could transcribe itself into something I would understand. This was my chance to find answers. And I couldn't let her go.

I was twitching from side to side, trying to find a comfortable sleeping position and kind of regretting my own suggestion that Leo and I should share this bed

I was twitching from side to side, trying to find a comfortable sleeping position and kind of regretting my own suggestion that Leo and I should share this bed. His presence made me nervous. Even though he turned his back to me, I could still feel him intently listening to every breath I take. I was doing the same thing, awaiting the moment he will finally fall asleep.