𝟔𝟒| 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

I sat behind the makeup table and let Andrea do her job. Due to my miserable social life, I never felt the need to do my makeup. Sometimes I let my mom try some lipstick or one-color eye shadow on me, but that's it. But don't think I didn't like it. I secretly admired people who could do colorful make-up for a celebration or breathtaking smoky make-up with one palette and a brush. The thing was, I didn't like makeup on me. I didn't know how to make makeup on myself natural, without looking like a clown. I perceived myself as a person who was trying too hard to fit into a world in which I have nothing to do.

But now I was beginning to feel like I was exactly where I belonged. Despite the blood on my hands.

I stared at Andrea as she was spinning around me, changing one product after another. She made a perfect eyeliner for me and applied a dark red matte lipstick on my lips. She defined my cheekbones with contouring, and, thanks to the highlighter, she gave my face a gentle shine. I really liked it.

At that moment, a person ran through my mind, which I hoped would like it as well. Leo. What will he say when he sees me? Will he notice this change?

Robie entered the locker room to take turns with other dancers, interrupting my thoughts. The image of Leo faded as quickly as it appeared.

„Talia, you look great!" She praised me as soon as she noticed me.

„Thanks. Andrea did wonders on me, she really knows how to use makeup," I praised her and smiled. The brown head returned my smile. Robie stood behind the chair I was sitting on. She leaned closer to me and whispered:

„Is it true what is being said among girls? Is an escape really planned?"

Andrea and I exchanged brief glances. Not all girls knew what was going on. Those who had been on stage before, including Simone and Robie, had no idea what was going on outside the locker room door a few minutes ago.

„It's true," Andrea told her. „Talia and Tom came here to save us." Robie's eyes bulged in shock.

„Wait... Tom?" Like YOUR TOM?" She asked eagerly. Andrea nodded happily.

„Yes. My Tom," she said, her pride reflected in her eyes, which shone like two diamonds. She touched the pendant on her neck lightly with her left hand. The pendant that Thomas gave her.

There was an awkward silence for a moment.

„Girls, um, just such a little note," I said. „You should stop calling me Talia. My real name is Ria," I said. Robie seemed to be thinking.

„So that means Jack isn't Jack either?" she wondered. Jack?

„Who is Ja-" I stopped in the middle of the sentence, but then I remembered. „No, he's not. His name is Otto." I smirked. I'm already looking forward to Otto's reaction when I tell him that Robie asked about him.

„But the fact that you're just friends is hopefully real?" The blonde demanded, not forgetting to use the emphasis on the right word. I laughed.

„Yes, we really are," I said mechanically. „And I think the fact that he likes you is also real." Is it possible that these sympathies were mutual?

There was no time for another confession because our conversation was interrupted again. Simone was behind it this time.

„Girls!" She shouted at us with a short hiss. „Why are you just standing here?" Her gaze stopped at me. „Talia, Diego told me he wanted to see you dance. I want you to have a show with Andrea and Robie. Your performance will follow in a moment, you should get dressed."

Damn. I completely forgot that I had to save this club by dancing.

Robie launched:

„Actually, her real name is-" But Andrea jumped into her speech before Robie could finish her sentence.