𝟕𝟏 | 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞

I had to wake my sleeping father.

"Father, can you hear me? FATHER!" I shouted, among the crackling fire. My father's body finally moved. Yes!

"What's that stink?" he asked quietly with scrunched nose. Then he opened his eyes. It was nice to see them again, even though I've always hated how stone cold they were.

"Father, you're alive!" I screamed, full of hope. If we're both alive, there's still a chance to escape.

"But not for long, it seems," he remarked, then saying every swear word he thought of. I didn't pay attention to what he was saying. I focused only on mechanical movement. Right, left, right... the rope began to loosen. I pulled my hands apart with all the strength that I've left.

"I got it!" I shouted, finally feeling free.

"Ria, watch out!" father shouted, and I noticed a line of fire rushing straight towards me. I jumped and fell on my father. At that moment, I had no idea what I was doing. I just acted without thinking...

I heard the sound of rumbling glass, as I was spinning into the unknown. I didn't even notice when I've stopped falling. A long whistling sound occurred in my head. I got up exhausted. We were out. I turned my face up to see where the burning flames had disappeared to. The building above us was still burning. I realized that when I had thrown myself at my father, I pushed us both through a large, tiled wall, which was actually a huge window. We fell about four meters and found ourselves on the smaller roof of this building. And what shook me even more – the night passed, and a new day came.

"Father?" I gasped. Lucifer lay on the dirty ground without any movement. I approached him, frightened. C'mon, we've been here before. I felt like I was reliving the same moment repeatedly. First, with my mom, now with dad. I thought they are dead, but they weren't, and then, when I let myself believe that everything will be okay, I lost them. My breath was shaking uncontrollably. I began to wonder if this is not the second time – if he really wasn't... No. It's not going to end like it ended with Beatrice. I won't let that happen.

Then my father straightened up into a sitting position, his eyes looking right at me. I almost fainted.

"I'm fine," he said, his words filling we with tiny light of hope. Dad shook pieces of broken glass and wiped the blood from his mouth. "We have to go." I barely had time to process what happened, and we were on our feet, moving again.

"But where?" I asked quietly. If I'd spoken a little louder, he could hear my trembling voice. I couldn't let him see me like this.

My father took the lead.

"Follow me," he ordered. Probably for the first time in my life, I had no intention of disobeying him. Walking right where he walked, I copied all his movements. It looked like we had become one person.

My father took a large stone from the ground and smashed another window with it. I crouched down and crossed to the other side. We got to the warehouse, this time it was filled with wooden boxes. My father opened one of them. There were weapons in them. Looks like we hit the jackpot!

For a brief moment, I sincerely rejoiced. With the MP5, I felt safer than ever before.

Armed and really prepared for everything, we wandered through unknown corridors, waiting for our opponents to come at us. My father took a step forward.

"Wait!" I shouted, pulling him back behind the wall, because I noticed the white suit on guard before he did. I didn't wait for the enemy to fire and did it first.

"Great shot," Lucifer said. Did my father really praise me?

Along the way, four men crossed our path, but my father killed them off easily. We got to the parking lot behind the building, from where we took one of the cars.