Part 13

"No!" I heard the yell as I patrolled the rooftops. It sounded like it was close to the alley below me.

I threw a coin in the air and jumped. I slowly lowered the coin, which held me up. 

It was a complicated process. Think of it like this. There was a metal band in each of my shoes. Using the coin, I could reverse their polarity, making them polar equals, and if opposites attract, equals repel. Which meant as long as I was able to hold the coin in the air carefully, I could float a few feet above it. 

There was a man in the alley, being robbed by a woman in a red coat. I could sense a knife against his throat, as well as a blade in her left pocket. She had several zippers about her body. 

The man had a lot of zippers on his jacket, a metal bracelet, and a phone in his pocket.

Silently lowering myself, I willed the woman's knife away from his throat. She was strong, and she fought me. It felt like I was actually grappling with her. Eventually she got confused with why she couldn't move the knife, and the guy broke free. He punched her in the face (a weak punch with little momentum, but still enough to stun her) and ran. 

With her stunned, I summoned the knife to me, and then sent it back to her, sending it through three layers of clothing before pinning her to a wall. I was careful not to draw blood. She screamed, breaking out of her shock, and fought. Trying to pull the knife out. I sent it deeper into the wall, and called the police. I used a voice Modulator so no one would know even my gender. 

While they were on their way, I tied a blindfold around her eyes, so she wouldn't see me and used the coin to get back on the roof. This time I reversed the polarity so that the poles were opposites. Using that force, I pushed myself back on to the roof. 

It had taken me a long time becoming comfortable doing that. It required a lot of practice, several face plants, a few broken bones, and lots of bruises. But it was a useful skill to have. 

I waited on the roof until the police showed up. They knew better than to look for me, or check the footage, which had already been erased. I watched over the woman, making sure nothing bad happened to her. Even though she was a criminal, I was not going to leave her stuck to a wall, blindfolded, in an alley. 

The police took her away in handcuffs, and I kept patrolling. Crime ran rampant in New York, and I managed to stop two robberies, a kidnapping of a young woman, and a fist fight that had almost killed two men. Normally I wouldn't have gotten involved in that last one. Fist fights are normally harmless, only a black eye or a bruised rib normally resulted. And normally they're about someone's girl/boyfriend, an insult, a family feud, etc. but this one was different. Neither would quit, they would have beaten each other to death if I hadn't stopped them. 

I pulled out my phone. I was sitting on the roof of an apartment building, and I was bored. Which happened a lot. 

Private Chat (Ms. Knives, C)

C : I'm bored 

C : what ru doing 

Ms. Knives : listening to these idiots throw food at eachother

C : what idiots 

Ms. Knives : the 1s fr9m the group chat

C : oh 

C : y?

Ms. Knives : because they're fuckkjn animals 

C : someones angry...

Ms. Knives : WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

C : nothing it was just a joke 

C : jeez

Ms. Knives : you're right c I'm sorry 

Ms. Knives : I'm just really stressed out right now, too many idiots at work 

C : just remember to breathe, relax, and box

Ms. Knives : box? 

C : punching bags are useful for stress and nervous energy

Ms. Knives : thanks kid.

Ms. Knives : don't stay up too late

C : I won't mom

C : gn ❤️

Nat's POV 

'I won't mom.' 

It had been stressful lately, with Harley in town, Tony was always in the lab with the kid, Bucky had gotten progressively worse with his anxiety, and Peitro had been moody that Wanda was gone lately. 

I headed down to the gym to box my feelings out like the kid said. I ran into Pietro lifting weights on my way in. He nodded, looking sad and lonely. 

"Hey kid. I have an idea to get you off your ass." 

Sorry for taking so long with the update.

-TFox