Part 14

Nat's POV : 

"Where are we going?" Peitro asked in a thick Slokovian accent. It had been getting thicker lately. 

I grabbed him by his hand so he couldn't run and dragged him along. Thank you Harley. 

He was going to solve all our problems. 

"Tony! Open up." I yelled and banged on the glass door. 

"What is it?" Harley asked respectfully as he opened the door. AC/DC music flooded the hallway from one of Tony's many labs. The man himself was engrossed with something on his desk that he kept poking and nudging with a screwdriver. 

"Are you doing anything important?" I asked, as calmly as possible. I had a tendency to accidentally scare the shit out of young people. Except C...

"Yes it's very important." Tony said. He had shut off the music while we were talking. 

"We were just finishing Ms. Nat." Harley answered. 

"No more Ms. and thank you." I turned so both Harley and Pietro were in my view. "Both of you, go to Clint's game room. You could both use a little fun."

The three of them stared at me as if I was crazy.

"No one has the keys to that but Clint, and he's away." Pietro finally said. 

"Here. Get Pietro out of his funk for me got it." I whispered the last part to Harley as I threw Pietro the keys. 

Pietro and Harley walked off, leaving Tony hanging in the doorway. Once they were out of earshot he unloaded on me. 

"Why'd you do that, huh? I needed to work with Harley! He's only here for a few more days!" Tony complained. 

"The kid needs a break and so do you. Sleep." He shook his head. "Now." I demanded. He sighed and turned off the lights, shut the door, and walked away. The man hadn't slept in two days, if he kept this up, he'd get back into his old, dangerous habits. 

"Jarvis, make sure Tony sleeps please." 

"Yes Miss Knives. I would also like to inform you that Mr. Barnes is having a nightmare. He has an elevated heart rate and is barely breathing." 

I ran to James's room. He and I were alike in many ways. I hoped he would get better soon, but hope is for suckers. Even though he had a Wakanda treatment, I don't think he would ever outgrow Hydra, just like how I would have a part of the red room in me. 

I pounded on the door. The handle wouldn't budge. "Jarvis! Open the door!" I yelled. 

The door unlocked, and what I saw scared me. 

Bucky's room was as impeccably clean as always, gray and drab, like he hadn't realized it wasn't the 1940s in furniture anymore. Few items sat on his dresser and nightstand, and his window was closed. 

Bucky lay on the bed in a white tee shirt and gray shorts. He had thrown all his blankets off the bed and was thrashing around. A layer of cold sweat coated his forehead. His hair was all mused up (this is after I made him get a haircut) and he kept muttering something in Russian. 

I'm so sorry. He kept repeating it like a lifeline. "James." I said, nudging his arm. "Wake up. You need to wake up. You can do it Barnes."

He gasped and sat up. "What the hell? What're you doing here?" He murmured.

"Nice to see you to. FRIDAY told me you were having a nightmare. I came down to check on you." 

"I was fine."

"James, no you were not. Now I'm not leaving until you tell me what's going on. So you better start talking." I sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Do you think the team will ever trust me?" Bucky asked out of nowhere. 

"Yes, trust takes time. Besides, Tony and Steve have made up, Tony forgave you, and you're Steve's best friend. I'm sure people will warm up to you, it'll just take a while." I told him. I hoped it was true, because in truth, many people probably won't end up trusting him because of his time at Hydra. I just really hope the team isn't like that. 

"My dream was about the team." He sighed. "It was back on that mission to Iran, when you were escorting that scientist and I shot you two. And when I killed Tony's mom... I've done horrible things Natasha, how could you guys ever forgive me?" 

"James." I said, taking his flesh hand. "I don't blame you. I survived. You aren't being controlled anymore, okay?" I told him softly. "I've done horrible things too. But being on this team has brought me redemption. It should do the same to you." 

"Thank you Nat."

"Sure thing. It's 1 am. You might want to try to go back to sleep." I suggested.

"Night Tasha." 

"Night James." 

I shut the door and walked down the hallway. Did he really still blame himself for that shot? I've been shot at more times than years I've lived. I didn't take it personally. 

Besides Tony already forgave him, even if their relationship's a bit rocky. 

I just hopped James was okay. I knew just how hard it was to break out of a captor's cage, literally and figuratively. 

When I passed Clint's game room, I stopped. He used to play them when he got bored, now he and his kids play them when they're at the tower. The room had every game imaginable, and Clint was normally the only one with a key.

That is, until he got sloppy and left the key on his nightstand. 

The door was cracked open and I saw Harley and Pietro playing some sort of War Game game. Both were laughing and yelling. Pietro looked happier too. Maybe having young people around isn't so bad. 

Okay guys, that's it for now, kind of a short chapter. I know, I'm sorry.

I'm a huge WinterWidow shipper, and I wish there were more fanfics about them. The story will go back to Cooper soon I promise. 

Peace out

-TFox