Chapter 2 - A Pleasant Surprise

MORNING: Monday

Amy's pov

I woke up then turned over to my digital clock on the night stand. It was 7:00 in the morning. The sunlight met my eyes from the window. My room was now illuminated. I laid on my back, staring at the ceiling, thinking about what I should do first. I then looked over at my phone. Destroying it would be a good start. If I'm gonna be away for a long time not wanting to be found, I'd have to cut off everyone I left behind, including my friends. I got up and placed the phone on the floor. I pulled out my hammer, aiming it at the device. One... Two... Three! Without hesitation, I gave it one huge smash, turning it into bits and pieces. I then headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. I pulled out the faucet handle to start the water flow, then adjusted the temperature. Not gonna lie, it felt good having the hot water flow down my body. When I got out, I went to my closet to find something to wear. I pulled out a red t-shirt with a picture of a black rose printed on it. and a pair of white jeans shorts which had a red rose embroidered on it. I styled my hair in a ponytail. I then went over to the kitchen to have breakfast. I made egg sandwiches with some hot chocolate. I can't remember the last time I had this all served together. It was a delicious combo. When I was done eating, I went to the kitchen and turned on the flat screen TV to watch a Netflix series. I decided to watch Tokyo Revengers. Deryk told me about it a few days ago. He's not really into anime, but whenever it comes to savages, gangs and thugs, he becomes enticed. While I was watching the show, one character stood out to me the most. His name was Mikey. He was blonde with dark, emotionless eyes. The guy had incredible strength, unlike any teenager I know. He could knock out his opponent in seconds with just one kick. Then something just came to me...

"Will I ever match up to his strength one day?"

Amy continued watching the animated series then drifted off to sleep. She didn't get up until 5:00pm. When she woke up and looked at the time on the screen, she realized it was very late.

Amy's pov

Damn... It's 5pm already!? Have I been asleep for that long? I guess I passed out during the rest of the show. I turned over on my back as I relaxed in the couch. I was going through some things in my head, then something popped up... I should really get some new clothes. I went over to my closet to take a scan of my outfits. I realized that most of my clothes were the same colour, but different shades. I had a lot more pink than I thought, not a single black in sight. I was only looking at pink, white and red. I needed to restyle my closet. I went to my bedroom to grab my purse from the drawer, then put on my black flat shoes. I strolled through the hotel door and was on my way to the mall. When I got there, I was a little surprised. The place was way less crowded than I expected. Where was the long line? Where were the Karens? Where were the girlfriends judging each other's outfits for Girls' Night Outs? To be honest, I was happy with what I was seeing. I went into an aisle to start searching. So far, I didn't find what I was looking for. I resumed back to the time when I went through my closet. The reds and whites really did have low numbers compared to the pinks. I paused for a minute and asked myself, "Who do I want to become?"
All my life I've been the girly girl. Always daydreaming about a love story that never happened and WILL NEVER happen, and always dressing to impress that blue prick. I've never even thought of doing these things for myself, dressing up for my own satisfaction and living my life to please myself. Being the girly girl wasn't really terrible, I just realized it probably wasn't the best thing for me... not anymore. If I'm going to get a fresh start, I need to at least look the part, right? Without another word, I continued searching and started picking out some outfits. I mostly went for some blacks, then some more reds and a little amount of greens. I went to the cashier and paid for all my stuff, then left the store. As I was walking down the sidewalk, I heard someone yelling. When I looked around the corner, I kept going straight down until I saw a dark alley, where I saw a girl, who looked like she was... about to be kidnapped!