Chapter 3 - Questions and Answers

TUESDAY

Amy's pov

I woke up and turned to my right to see that Maria was still sleeping on the other bed. It was already night by the time we got back, so I told her to rest and we'd talk in the morning. She probably went through alot more than what I saw yesterday. She took her boots off, but she still had her brown cloak on and her lower body was covered with the sheets, so I hadn't seen what her fur color was yet. She looked so peaceful like that. She reminded me of Shadow when I was looking for him in the forest one day.

Flashback

Amy's pov

Rouge said he'd be around here somewhere. He's a BLACK hedgehog with RED stripes. How hard can it be to find him?

Normal pov

Amy wanders off deeper into the forest then encounters a large tree. As she got closer, she noticed something dark and fuzzy. Behind it, laid the black hedgehog himself, Shadow The Hedgehog. He was so peaceful she didn't want to wake him up, but she had to if she wanted to speak to him. She knelt down and placed her right hand on his head.

Amy- Shadow...

He slowly opened his eyes.

Amy- Are you ok?

Shadow- I'm fine. Were you looking for me?

At this moment, there was a gentle breeze, making their quills dance. There was nothing but silence between them, as they looked each other in the eyes.

Amy- Yeah, Rouge told me where to find you. Cream and I just finished baking. Would you like to have some peanut butter pie and chocolate chip cookies with us?

Shadow- Uh... Sure. I'd like that.

Amy smiles

End of Flashback

Normal pov

Amy yawned and stretched as she got up to start the day. She went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and shower, then headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Amy's pov

I thought about what I'd prepare today, as I entered the kitchen. I had egg sandwiches and hot chocolate yesterday so I might as well try something new. Some omelets and cheese toast should do it. I got some bread slices and started placing them in the toaster, as a result, they popped out rich, brown and a little crusty. I reached for the cream cheese then spread them on the surface of each piece of toast. I then got started on the omelets. I got out some tomatoes, onions, peppers and carrots, washed them, then starting chopping them. I cracked four eggs in a bowl then berated them until they were frothy, added oil to the hot pan then sautéed the veggies with enough salt. I added chili powder and garam masala, spread the mixture, then poured the eggs. I allowed those sides to cook, then flipped them. When both sides of each were cooked, I went ahead and spread some grated cheese on the omelets. I folded them, then cooked them on a low heat until the cheese melted. When they were done, I served them on the table. The tea was next. I got out two mugs and boiled some water. I mixed some condensed milk with evaporated milk, then poured the hot water on it. After stirring, I laid everything else out on the table.

Normal pov

Maria was still asleep in bed, without a budge. She was having a nightmare.

Maria's pov

I found myself running with Shadow to safety. My hand was gripped in his. I turned my head to see that we were being chased by the G.U.N. soldiers, who didn't seem too far behind. I was running out of breath but Shadow was obviously trying to save me and there was no way I was going to complain about it. He took me to a room which appeared to have a lot of buttons and levers to control everything in it. I took a quick scan of the room and two large escape pods caught my eye. I heard the footsteps of the soldiers getting closer then took one look at Shadow, was now looking at me. I knew what I had to do. Without hesitation, I pushed Shadow into the pod then ran towards the lever and gripped on it. The soldiers came rushing in. At that moment, I knew the decision I make would come with a price.
Regardless, I pulled the lever to send Shadow away, then the escape pod started its countdown from 10. I was shot down in 2 seconds flat.