Chapter 4 - Where's Amy?

WEDNESDAY

Shadow's pov

It was drizzling outside and I was at the Café with Rouge, who was going on about this gem she was searching ages for but still couldn't find, but my mind was more focused on something else. I noticed that Amy hadn't been around like she used to. I'd often see her hanging out with Cream or chasing after Sonic. Sometimes she would take time out of her day to look for me and ask me about my day. It's been three years since I saved the planet, and everything seemed quiet. Eggman must've went on vacation.

I've always taken a liking to Amy, though I've never shown it. Ever since she convinced me to save earth, I've grown to become fond of her. She was kind, but strong. She never ran away from her fears despite how terrified she was. She cared a lot about her friends, especially that blue hedgehog, who took her for granted most of the time.

Rouge- Shadow? Shadow are you listening?Shaaaadowww...

Shadow looks up at Rouge who looked concerned.

Rouge- You just completely zoned out on me. Everything
ok?

Shadow- Oh... uh... I'm fine. I just find it rather unusual.

Shadow takes a sip out of his expresso.

Rouge- About what? About us not seeing any signs of Amy these days? Then yes, it does seem strange. I've been calling her to check up on her for days now, but still no luck. I wonder if she's doing ok. She's never been one to tell people her problems no matter the circumstances.

Rouge takes a sip out of her latte

Shadow's pov

Rouge was right. Amy had always been bottling up her feelings instead of confiding in someone. There were times when I had to ask the right questions just to get her to tell me the truth, but what puzzles me more than anything is that I haven't seen her for four whole months.

Rouge decides to break the silence

Rouge- Sitting here and inferring all the things that could have happened to her isn't going to get us anywhere. Why don't we just head over there to see how's she's doing?

Shadow nods and they both leave the Café after finishing their coffee and paying the bill.

Normal pov

Shadow and Rouge made it to Amy's door. Rouge noticed the note attached to it and took it. The more she read, the more Shadow became intrigued; he stood still with his arms crossed.

"By the time you read this, I've already gone somewhere important. There's no telling when I'll return, knowing I have some things to clear up. Don't try to call me either, my phone's broken. If you try to look for me, just accept the futility of that. Can't tell how long I'll be gone, but I'll be back one day."
- Amy

Rouge- No wonder I couldn't reach her.

Shadow tries to put two and two together, but nothing adds up. He only had one idea.

Shadow- There's only one thing I have in mind.

Rouge- What is it?

Shadow- We're going have to ask the others. They might not know of her current location, but might be able to tell us the last time they saw her.

Rouge- Let's go then.

After asking the others. They received different answers from everyone. Silver and Blaze last saw her at the lake, Cream last saw her at the chao garden, Knuckles last saw her at the temple where they conversed about the Master Emerald, Sally last saw her sitting on the bench in the park by herself and Tails last saw her at his workshop when she asked him for Sonic's whereabouts; but there was one more person they had yet to ask.