Peak - 46

Note: Pictures will be needed to be fully loaded to read this story.
This story will be better read through a mobile device, rather than a PC.

This chapter also contains actual text to read, this will be present whenever our two main characters will be meeting up in real life or one of our main characters is going through something.

|

Momo wasn't sure when Todoroki came, nor did her mind fully register that she called him earlier. All she remembered was the distant sound of his rushed footsteps before he developed her into a tight hug. His arms wrapped around her torso, without her hugging back, as she sobbed against his shoulder. Eventually, Momo relaxed into his arms, only silent sniffles being heard combined with the hushed voice of Todoroki telling her everything will be okay. She felt exhausted. She felt like a huge amount of energy was taken after the call with her parents.

Once Momo seemed fully relaxed Todoroki let go of her and awkwardly sat by her, suddenly registering how awkward he could be in situations like this. All of his actions before were just things Midoriya would do for him previously whenever he seemed to have a panic attack. It seemed like several minutes passed by before Todoroki and Momo properly talked to each other.

"Do you want to talk about it now?" Todoroki asked, kneeling towards Momo within a safe distance. Momo could only look down, refusing to meet Todoroki's eyes out of embarrassment.

"I'm...I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do from here," She voiced, her voice cracking from before. "I'm not even sure I can still talk to them."

"Is talking to your parents the only way you'll feel satisfied?" A silence followed and Todoroki knew he got his answer. "Penny for your thoughts?" He asked moments later, turning away from Momo sensing her discomfort from being stared at after a major panic attack.

"I feel like if I talk to my parents I've fully grown," Momo let out, her voice quiet and barely filling the wide room they sat in. Todoroki looked like he was about to interrupt but before he could she continued. "You've read my texts many times before but it's honestly just the same reason as last time. I've spent most of my childhood believing the notion that I am the person my parents raised me to be, so if I were able to speak my mind, it would feel like I've finally distanced myself from them."

"You don't..." Todoroki's voice paused with hesitance, his voice unsure. "You don't think that way anymore, right? Calling your parents didn't switch your perspective on things, right?"

"Most definitely not, don't you worry," Momo laid back. "I was just scared, it was hard for me to listen to everything they said. And to be quite frank with you, it made me hesitate everything for a second."

"Hesitate?"

"I almost wanted to give up on the thought of Kyouka and me," Momo laughed pathetically, dry tears evident on her pink cheeks. "Pathetic isn't it? I almost wanted to apologize to Kyouka and tell her I couldn't do this anymore."

Todorki's voice dropped an octave, his voice barely above a whisper. "All that matters is what stopped you...so what stopped you?"

Momo saw herself reminiscing on the purple-haired girl that would preoccupy her thoughts daily. "Whenever I imagine myself with her, I imagine a future and that makes me so happy," Momo smiled. "Whereas before all I saw was terrible marriages and constant arguments. Even when I was calling my parents and they said otherwise, I still had hope. She gave me hope."

"She made you see something more, huh?"

"Rather sweet isn't it?"

"To me, she just seems worth it," Todoroki commented, a light smile evident on his face. "Isn't she Momo?" He asked, emphasizing her first name, barely using her first name due to a habit that stretched out since childhood.

Momo only smiled at the teasing. "Yeah Shoto, she's worth it."

|

|

Kyouka Jirou - Shoto Todoroki
July 10, 2021: 08:25 PM - 08:30 PM

Kyouka Jirou - Shoto TodorokiJuly 10, 2021: 08:25 PM - 08:30 PM

|

|

|

Momo turned over in her sleep, slowly awakening after feeling fully rested. Her eyes opened slightly and immediately saw a familiar figure sitting nearby. “I swear before I fell asleep there was someone else by my bedside,” Momo commented, her eyes fully opening, resting on Kyouka with a sleepy smile.

Kyouka’s eyes widened, flinching away unconsciously after being shocked. She turned off her phone and placed it on Momo’s bedside table. "Holy shit!" Kyouka screamed. "You're awake!"

"I am,” Momo confirmed, sitting herself up properly against her bed stand.

Kyouka scooted her chair closer to Momo. "You doing okay?" Her head tilted to the side out of curiosity.

"I'm starting to feel better, I just feel a bit off though.”

Kyouka stayed silent, unknowing of what to say next. Her voice stayed silent, feeling a wave of shyness take over.  "Do you want to hug?" She asked, her eyes barely meeting Momo.

Momo only nodded before Kyouka developed her into her arms. She rested her head on Kyouka’s shoulder, smiling at the warmth that spread around her.

"I'm right here,” Kyouka whispered into Momo’s ear, rubbing circles into the small of her back. Several minutes seemed to pass as the two enjoyed each other’s presence. Kyouka opened her mouth as she hesitated to speak, staying conscious as to how Momo may react. "Todoroki mentioned that you'd probably still want to talk to your parents. And well, I want you to know that if you want me to be by your side I will."

"You won't mind?” Momo asked, releasing from the hug to look into Kyouka’s eyes.

"Not one bit,” She smiled. “We’ll do this whenever you feel ready.”

“Even if it’s after Izuku’s birthday?”

“Even if it’s after Midoriya’s birthday.”