Innocence

Three years ago

Katie's POV

Summer was here and Noah and I didn't want to waste a single minute of it.

We spent most of our days down at our spot, lost in each other's arms and barely coming up for air as we hungrily made out.

The past few months had whizzed by in a blur. I had finished high school with top grades and blitzed all my exams.

I was planning to start my degree in medicine at the same university as Noah next year. We would only have a year of college life together before he graduated with a degree in civil engineering but he said he would get a place for us to move into as I continued on my brutally long path towards becoming a surgeon. It made me deliriously happy thinking about my future with Noah.

But for now, I was enjoying all the free time I had before uni started with my ridiculously hot boyfriend. Eek, I still couldn't believe I had a boyfriend, and that my dad was amazingly cool about it.

"I'm going to ditch the party," I declared as his warm lips explored my neck and his strong hands possessively held my waist.

"Ok," he mumbled into the sensitive spot beneath my ear and I broke out in a fit of giggles.

His bare skin against mine left me hot and bothered. I was wearing a bikini and he was topless with his rippling torso on full display.

I felt his palm slowly wander up my stomach towards my breasts but as soon as I placed my hand on top of his, he instinctively stopped.

He pulled back and gave me a mischievous smile. "I can't get enough of you KitKat, seriously, you will be the death of me," he grinned like he wasn't at all bothered by this fact.

I looked up at him through my lashes as he suspended his weight above me with his arms on either side of me.

"Me too," I sighed happily.

Schoolies week was in full swing. Out-of-town graduates had descended on our coastline to join in the end of school revelry.

A big graduation party was being held down at the main beach tonight and I wasn't the least bit interested in going. I had everything I ever wanted right here in front of me.

But I had been completely consumed by Noah these past few months and my friends were getting fed up with it. They would kill me if I skipped the party.

"Mmmmmm I really should go," I moaned as Noah began kissing my neck again.

"I'm not letting you go anywhere," he joked picking me up and running down to the water with me helplessly dangling over his shoulder.

"Noah stop!" I shrieked and he threw me into the water with a throaty laugh.

I pulled him in with me and he kissed me fiercely. "I have to meet Mia at her house in half an hour, she will disown me if I don't show," I sighed.

His face was inches from mine and his eyes darkened when I told him this.

"I hate the thought of you going to a party without me," he brooded.

"Then come! Please Noah, I would love to have you there with me!"

He sighed and looked away. "No, this is your night. I am having a few drinks with some uni friends at mine anyway. Call me when you're ready to leave and I'll come get you okay? Don't accept a single drink and don't leave Mia or Liam's side for a second tonight," he ordered.

I nodded, smiling at how things had changed and he actually trusted Liam around me these days. I gave him a big kiss and went to dry off. I ran back to my house, showered in record time and changed into a white sundress.