Blast from the past

Present day

Katie's POV

"I knew they'd love you!" Lucas was smiling from ear to ear as he drove us back to his place.

I had not only survived Sunday lunch at his parent's house where I met his family for the first time, I had actually enjoyed it.

His family were so warm and instantly made me feel welcome. All week I had been stressing about it. I knew how important Lucas' family was to him so if they didn't like me, it could be a dealbreaker.

His younger brother was a larrikin but had a heart of gold like Lucas. We instantly got along.

"I loved them too," I smiled. "You have an amazing family," I recalled how his mum had pulled me in for a tight embrace and told me I was the first girl he had ever brought home and how relieved she was that he had such impeccable taste.

Lucas and I had only been dating a month, but it felt like we had known each other for so much longer. Everything was just so effortless and easy with him. Sometimes I found myself waiting for the other shoe to drop but then I reminded myself that maybe it wouldn't this time.

When we pulled into the driveway of his charming home, he came and opened the door for me. It was late and I was staying the night.

We had slept over each other's places quite a few times already but we hadn't been intimate yet. He was leaving it to me to take the lead and had told me he was more than happy for things to move slowly.

I felt ready to take the next step in our relationship but I just hadn't worked up the courage to make the first move.

I showered, brushed my teeth and slid on my small silk nightie. Lucas slept shirtless and seeing him in nothing but boxers had me feeling flustered. As I crawled into bed and snuggled up to him, he wrapped his arm around me and his soft lips found mine in no time.

I nervously reached for his hand and guided it up my torso towards my chest. He stopped kissing me and stared at me carefully.

"Katie, we don't have to do anything," he whispered.

"I know," I replied confidently as I gently placed his hand on my breast.

"If you want me to stop at any point, just say ok?" He asked tenderly, his eyes never leaving mine.

He explored my breasts with such excruciating gentleness, a pleasurable sensation I had never experienced began to build up inside me and suddenly the thin slip felt like a massive barrier between us.

I slowly pulled it up over my head so I was lying there in just my light pink lace undies. Lucas didn't dare make a move, his eyes were stuck on mine.

"I hope this isn't all for my sake Katie, I feel completely fulfilled just being with you. I don't need this, especially if you're not ready. We have all the time in the world," he assured me with the trademark sincerity I had grown to love.

I responded by gently placing his hand on my chest again. It was all the encouragement he needed to continue. The sensation returned, only this time it felt deeper.

I hungrily kissed him, tasting his tongue, desperate for the feeling of pleasure to continue reaching its summit.

His lips left mine and slowly trailed down my neck as he teased my nipples with his hands.

It was driving me crazy, I needed more. The way I arched up closer to him as his kisses reached my collarbone gave him all the encouragement he needed to continue down my chest.