" My birth name is Alison Quinn Bostwick... But I go by Kellin Quinn and don't call me miss im not a girl."

" sorry... sir? " the doctor said questioningly I gave him a small nod signifying that sir would be a sufficient title to give me for the time being. Vic seemed utterly confused which I found very amusing.

"What's so funny? " Vic asks slightly angered.

"Why are you so confused? " answering a question with a question, my specialty.

" I'm not confused I just..."

"You just didn't thank someone like me could be trans." I finished for him.

"I mean i... um... yeah" he said sorely.

"it's fine that's exactly what my dad said before he kicked me out which is why im assuming no one other than you showed up in the past... how long was I out for?" i ask cutting myself off.

"Eight months"

What was that Vic?

" You where in a coma for eight months and I visited you every day hoping you would wake up or someone would show up for you but they never did, and here we ..."

What's the date I wonder to myself Dr. Gaskarth trying to tell me something but I'm too busy trying to figure out the date. will if i 'left' on January 24 then.

"Hey it's my birthday."

"Really?" Dr. Gaskarth asked. You know what doctor doesn't suit him. He looks like an Alex. I'm going to call him Alex now.

"Yes Alex it is my birthday."

"Don't call me .. how'd you know my name?"

"You just looked like an Alex i guess."

"How old are you now?" Vic asked with a look I couldn't quite place in his eyes.

"Well seeing as last year I turned seventeen that means today I am eighteen, I thank... where's my stuff?f" i ask to no one in particular.

" you're suitcase is with forensics still but seeing as you're awake we don't need to continue trying to figure out who you our so i'll go get it for you." Alex quickly explained.

after Alex left Vic started asking all kinds of questions which I haphazardly answered not really caring to explain myself until he asked me

"why do you think you're a guy" I looked him dead in the eye and said

" I do not think I'm a guy I am a guy so take you're simple minded self somewhere else because I don't need to deal with anymore than I already have the entirety of my life!"

"What do you mean" oh no he sounds concerned maybe he was really just wondering some people just don't know anything about the trans community or why we our how we our.

"It's just uh I was kicked out because my dad found out I was trans and even before that he would constantly throw homophobic and trans-phobic slurs my way . He even got my siblings to follow in his path of constant torturous behavior towards me."

Vic looked at me with eyes full of what appeared to be true sorrow or was it pity I can't really tell on him. before he had the chance to say anything Alex walked back in with my suitcase and release papers and hands it to me. while signing the papers I think to myself, I guess I'm getting out of here pretty soon. I wonder where I'm going to go. where will I live? where will I die? before I spiral into a pit of self pity Vic takes my hand and practically drags me out of the hospital to what I'm going to assume is his car and opens the passenger door motioning for me to get in so I reluctantly do what he asked.

"Where are you taking me," I ask Vic as he gets in and starts the car.

"to my house" he answers.