Oct-Nov | Seal | Warriors

Hey everyone! Seal here with a fun little thing for this month's prompt; horror. Who doesn't like a nice little bit of horror? (That coming from me, I'm a scaredy cat) Anyways, I love villains. Backstories, the way they interact with main characters, relationships with main characters, all that stuff. So in my chapter I've broken down all of the major villains for the book I'm writing. (No it's not on HailClan's account, I'm not comfortable with sharing anything that's not finished)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Without further ado, let's jump right in with the main villain, the namesake of my book, and the mother of one of my protagonists; Devilheart.

Side note, I haven't decided yet who their parents will be, so I'll be referring to them as "Their mother" and "Their father".

Devilkit was born in a litter of two, alongside her sister Witchkit (Witchlight).

Now I know those aren't canon prefixes, blame my 10 year old self. I've tried changing them, but it didn't work out. Blackheart and Whitelight don't exactly sound as evil.

Their parents would mainly argue, to the point where everyone questioned how they had gotten kits together in the first place. Believe it or not, they actually loved each other, but then their mother had gotten pregnant with their father's kits. Something changed, and they didn't seem to want to be around each other anymore.

That led to Devilkit and Witchkit being ignored, the rest of the Clan had tried taking care of them, but their mother would snap at them, telling them she could take care of her kits on her own. They both held resentment towards their parents for treating them that way, and even by the time they reached apprentice age, they had begun plotting. Devilpaw and Witchpaw wanted their parents gone. They were holding them back, yet at the same time they had only looked at them with anger, and had never shown any care towards them.

So, they made a plan. They would ask their mentors if they could go out on patrol with their mother alone, and their mentors, although curious, agreed. They led her to the border with LongClan, a Clan that the tensions were running high with. When they were sure they were alone, they pounced on, and killed, their mother. Then they carried her body right up to the border, made sure she was covered by LongClan's scent, and ran back to camp, wailing about how when they turned for just a moment, setting the scent marks the other way, LongClan cats had killed their mother. LavaClan, obviously, didn't completely believe the tale, but once they saw what "had happened", Duststar, the leader at the time, decided to confront LongClan's Birchstar about it at the next gathering.

While she was showing her Clan to her mother's body, Devilpaw saw a flash of black in the woods, a cat, following them. She decided not to mention anything, but she kept seeing the black blur for the next few days, on every patrol she went on. In the end, she sneaked out of camp once, and went into the forest. There, the black tom finally approached her. He introduced himself as Demon Soul, and said he had seen what she and her sister had done, his white spotted tail swishing. Devilpaw was intrigued, wondering why he hadn't done anything. The tom purred, a deep sound, and told her that he couldn't imagine going up against two she-cats as strong as them. Devilpaw had felt herself relax, and began talking to him, curious about his life and where he came from. He, in turn, asked her questions about her parents, confused why she would kill her own mother. After she told her entire story, he understood, and encouraged her to try and get a fight started with LongClan, and kill her father, his ice blue eyes piercing into her soul.

Devilpaw continued meeting Demon Soul many times after the first time, including the night after she killed her father during the battle with LongClan. Then, when she had just gotten her Warrior name of Devilheart, he vanished. She didn't see him for many moons, and got close to another tom, Firetail, with whom she had a litter of kits, although only one survived, the one with the thickest fur, as they were born in Leafbare. Stormkit. He survived until Newleaf, and at the beginning of Greenleaf he was apprenticed.