Assertive (Ryujin - Itzy)

Black

Black. Open your eyes and you see nothing but endless black. Try moving your arms, but they feel bound and limited. Strain your legs. Same result. Open your mouth, but no words form to make a sentence. It feels like something's clogging the passage to and fro. At least you can still breathe. And hear things. The occasional drop of water is the only thing you can sense. Try as you might to break free, you're stuck. Maybe forever.

All these questions are brought up in your mind. Why can't I see? Why can I only hear things? Why can't I move? Where am I? You can barely figure out these problems. You don't even remember how you got there, or what happened to you in the first place.

Hopelessly you struggle to move, to no avail. You feel tied up, like a lamb before being brought to slaughter. What did you even do to deserve this, you wondered. Your only sign of being alive is that water droplet falling from the ceiling, so at least you have that.

Suddenly you hear voices echo from a distance. You have no idea who or where they might be coming from, but they're getting louder and louder. No perception of what they might be saying. What was clear was the ominous laughter. A thud and a boom of what sounded like a rusty door reverberated through your ears. It is followed by a pair of quieter but still discernible footsteps.

"And how about this slab of meat? I'm surprised the boss spared him," the first voice said.

"Must be for a reason. I would have thrown him to the dogs with the others too, but orders are orders," the second voice replied.

Boss? Orders? Being called a piece of meat? Other people tied up too? Dogs? So much was running through your mind. And who are these people?

"Wakey wakey, fuckface," the first voice yelled before punching you in the gut. Oh, you can tell this man has a history of violence with that hard hit.

Suddenly you feel your arms detached from their restraints. But not for long; you feel a pair of rough palms grip your arms as the two men drag you out. You weren't sure what that prison looked like, but wherever they were taking doesn't appear to be promising either. At random points your knees scrape some wet areas, but that could have been any liquid substance, ranging from feces or blood. Gulp heavily as if you were being taken to your own execution.

After what you thought was forever, the sensation of being towed stopped. Your right arm is let go, but the pain is extremely numbing to where you can't really move it freely. Hear a couple of knocks on another door. Perceive a few whispers that you can't understand. One more time your free limb is held captive by that binding force. Your time on this earth is about to expire, it feels like. In thought, you say a little prayer apologizing to whatever divine being exists in one last call of desperation. Sometimes a miracle can happen, all you need is some faith. Or so you believed in.

A handful of steps later and you're pushed a few feet from your captors. A flash of bright light hits your eyes unexpectedly, it's nearly blinding. Scream in pain from the shock of intense luminosity.