Trading places (Chaewon - Le sserafim)

From personal experience, you've handled almost everything there is under the sun

From personal experience, you've handled almost everything there is under the sun. From the world's biggest group, to one of the world's biggest groups, literally—13 members is no joke—it's safe to say that you have the ability to manage some of the very best K-pop idols the industry has to offer.

There was little need for reevaluation from the higher-ups, as those same groups, the ones you were in control of, lauded by millions and millions around the world, praised your upright character and work ethic. In a way, you were touted as a god, held in high regard by other, larger than life deities.

Yet all the wear and tear done to your body, both physically and mentally was not enough to prepare you for your biggest task to date.

—————

You've never felt more terrified to enter a company building, despite your regular, almost daily visits to one of the most luxurious, technologically advanced facilities in the country. It's not the structure's lack of utility, the visible wear of the exterior's paint, nor is it how you look coming in—if anything, you might as well be some kind of brand ambassador with how often you're provided with new fashionable clothes every other month. This isn't some rival business either, like any of the big three. There are levels to this; your bosses have the power to buy this agency with little effort or damage to their pockets.

As you slowly approach the agency's doors, you try to think little of your status—that is, until you approach the front desk to formally start the process of talent transfer.

The lady in glasses who operates the desk immediately recognizes you. You flash a faint, innocent smile. "You must be the HYBE representative, yes? I've been notified in advance of your arrival."

Your eyes widen in shock as you attempt to look at the computer she's using. You certainly don't walk around with an ID or name tag and a big arrow pointed at you while shouting your company's name everywhere like they're your supreme overlords. It's merely business after all, and you have little knowledge about what actually happens behind closed doors. For the most part, you only know of your tasks as they are delivered, and the only information you have is to pick someone up from here.

"We will send for the talent right now. She'll be here in a few moments." The lady then points to an unoccupied couch in the distance. "Why don't you sit down for a while?"

You nod in agreement and you do what's been suggested to you. There's the main problem: it's a she. The talents you've managed in the past consist entirely of boys and boys alone. This is your first time to look after a female asset. It's not like you're going to babysit her or anything childish like that, but this is a brand new experience for you. They never taught you how to deal with girls when you entered those doors almost six years ago, back when the only group they had were still the underdogs in the scene.

It's not like she's an underdog either. The records they set, despite the significantly shorter timer their contract was on, are quite admirable. Her popularity is no joke; she may not be on the level of any of the boy groups you've run—far from it—or even her members, but there's enough demand for her that creates news headlines when her name is attached.