Parasailing (Kim Minju & Jo Yuri)

There is no other way to put it: you've hit rock bottom

There is no other way to put it: you've hit rock bottom. You're down horrendous. It's a sorry state your family or friends can drag you out of, no matter how hard they try—and that's if you still have any friends left. In the eyes of randoms, they see a zombie, a soulless husk of a man—one who used to be brimming with life, with nothing but anguish and despair filling his soul now. Each passerby looks on with one of two expressions: concern and pity or apathy and indifference. Some with a little disgust. They've got lives to live, obligations to attend to, and some divine purpose given by higher powers to fulfill. So do you, but there's a difference: you've lost the will to live.

Barely functioning, everyday life has turned into a nightmarish hell. Days, then weeks, and eventually months, fly by in a loop. You slog through your office job, receive income, then you carelessly splurge on lavish drinking bursts afterward. Your liver absolutely despises your guts by now. Night after night, you drink away the ceaseless pain hurting your heart more than the alcohol you consume. It's become too numbing at this point. The morning after, you don't bother cleaning up the mess you unknowingly made from the day before, especially when you throw up on the floors of your apartment rather than on your toilet.

So it goes. Not a single day passes by without digging your grave a little deeper with your alcohol addiction, but Fridays were particularly special. It's when you decide that your place shouldn't bear the brunt of your rampant alcoholism for one day. Instead, after another monotonous shift, you head to your favorite place—your other place of solitude—a tent bar that treats you like their best friend, mainly because you're their most loyal customer, but otherwise, you enjoy the fresh air, grilled food, and the patrons' attempts to sing their hearts out—with hilarious results.

Of course, the drinks were also part of the experience. You usually end up passing out quicker compared to every other day.

You're partially through your first drink when two particularly mesmerizing girls walk in holding hands. Tipsy or not, their beauty immediately captures your attention. Even dressed in all black, they're shining, like angels descended from heaven to grace this cursed earth, sent to remind people of their higher purpose and walk in them.

Gradually, you're staring, drooling. Your brain's in complete shambles, unable to comprehend how divine creatures like them casually walk among mere mortals, partaking in lowly, sinful activities like drinking and hanging out at bars. They take their seats across your table; a perfect position to hold your attention in permanent captivity, without any obstruction.

A waiter approaches the two women, and he should've been a distraction, but instead, it becomes a showcase. The girl in the black dress, seated on the left, shoots these playful, childish stares at the waiter, basically flirting with the guy while she stating her order. Her partner is much more reserved, sharing hers in an orderly manner before they're left to talk with themselves again. The older girl slaps her friend's shoulder, as if correcting her, which the younger woman simply brushes off with a laugh. From just one interaction, you're hooked. You had to have her. This night won't end without their names etched in your head, and if you're lucky, their number, maybe even more.