chapter 3 meeting the family

Even in these dire and stressful moments Adora couldn't help, but marvel over the stars. To her those were just a distant dream she used to have. Dreams that she had to repress like many others because of shadow weaver.

In order to soothe her anxiety over her brother Glimmer did her best to tell her friend everything she knew about him. How he had the same powers how he was prince and which by extension made Adora an actual princess. Another shock for the poor girl, but Adora was worried when the queen of Brightmoon told her he had his powers ever since he was eleven. Along with how he wasn't allowed to take any form of credit for his good deeds.

At least when she had the weight of the world on her shoulders she had the people to lighten the burden. Catra often tried to put in her two cent since she and Adam had many conversations when he couldn't sleep, but while Adora had calmed down it didn't mean that she was on speaking terms with her. "Why are we so slow?" Adora suddenly yelled demandingly.

"Wellllllllll, we're almost out of energy." Blurted out Bow with a panicked expression. "Why exactly are we running out of energy" she asked deadly calm. "Well it's not like we left Etheria with a parade on our tail, so we might have forgoten to check up on a few things. Adora rubbed her eyes taking in a deep breath. Catra chose this moment to walk in, but once she layed eyes on the state of her ex best friend. She spun on her heels and walked out. "I guess you have a point" she sighed "but me and Entrapta found a planet in Darla's database that should be fitting for a refill in energy crystals. Plus it's not too far away from here, i'll just punch in the right coordinates and we'll be there soon."

Adora thanked him curtly, before going back to watching the stars. The fact that there were planets and that many of them were inhabited by countless people was still something she had a hard time wrapping her head around. So many people so many cultures so much good yet so much bad. All with one same threat, Horde Prime would pay for everything he's done.

That she would make sure of it and who knows maybe her brother will give her a hand. Glimmer did say he was a hero, another concept she still had a hard time wrapping her head around was family. Glimmer and Bow took their time teaching her what it meant, she found out she considered the alliance her family as well, but to be an actual older sister?

Bow told her it was a big responsability to have a younger sibling, even if he himself was the youngest of his family. Did she even have to worry about that? Adam must be capable of taking care of himself. "That doesn't mean he has to be alone to do it" a corner of her mind whispered to her. It was true, Adora could take care of herself, but life was always easier when you have people to take care of and who can take care of you. That's what family was to her, she had a brother and if he needed her she'd be there.

Her parents on the other hand she didn't know what to think of them yet. She wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but Glimmer did mention that they always expected Adam to be someone else than who he wanted to be. A running theme with the first ones or as she should start to call them, the Eternians. Which to her was completly unaceptable.

Her silent angry musings were interrupted as the ship landed, but instead of a land filled with beautiful radiant crystals the small group was met with a barren wasteland, where life was nowhere to be seen "This place is dead" Adora said a bit of despair creeping into her voice. In the long lifetime of Horde Prime, how many planets did he give this treatement to?

"Not completly" Bow said pointing his data pad at the ground. "I'm detecting a faint trace of energy underground. If we can find an opening then maybe we can find what we're looking for. "Let's go then" she said determined to do whatever she could to get those crystals. Catra remained a safe distance behind the group often sending guilty glances at Adora, Entrapta and Glimmer. Not Bow though, she still thought the whole ordeal when he and sparkles managed to capture her was hilarious.