chapter 2 escapees

Adam wished he had a ball to bounce around his cell. It would make learning how to be left handed much easier.

It's been a week since Glimmer was brought next to his cell. He wondered if Horde Prime had done this on purpose. As far as he knew that monster never did anything without some sort of purpose. He kept talking with the Queen. Their conversation turning more and more into confidences between the two royals. Glimmer shared her regret from all the wrong her decisions have brought. Adam shared as much as he was ready to, but there were still somethings he didn't have the strenght to say yet.

Apart from that Glimmer wasn't the only person he was sharing confidences with. Adam asked a lot of things from Catra. Not only about his sister, but from her as well. After quite a bit of coaxing she did reveal her terrible childhood to him, and the name of the one responsible for it along with raising her and Adora, but Adam was more curious as to why she suddenly changed sides.

"I guess I got tired of hurting people." Was what she had told him last night. "That I already understood, but I feel like there is more to it. From what i've been told you're violent ruthless and manipulative, but you're not expecting something from this, that I can tell." He told the dejected magicat. Seeing that she wasn't about to answer Adam voiced his theory. "All of these confessions, all of these secrets. They're starting to sound like histories longest suicide note."

"And what if they are, it's not like I deserve anything less." Bit back the ex warlord. "You expect me to carry on you're words to my sister in the eventuallity that I am to escape. When realisticaly speaking you have a much better chance of escaping than I do. Do you want to know what 'I' think of that?" Catra remained silent yet again. "I think you're at you're at the end of you're rope. I think you're exhausted, of everything. Life and the cruelty it's given you and the cruelty you have given life."

The descendant of Grayskull tilted his head curiously at the magicat. "You think you're iredeemable" stated Adam only to be yelled at. "I am! Don't act like you know me! All I do is hurt people, all I do is wrong! I know you're a hero, Prime can't shut up about it. How you always try to solve thing peacefully at first. How merciful and how compassionate you are and how fascinating it is because if how little reasons you have to be."

She sounded annoyed and for good reason, Horde Prime was always fascinated by the magic of the mighty Grayskull and how it seemingly defied every natural order. He never missed the opportunity to talk someone's ears off about it. "So I thought you could do something nice for someone who yet again doesn't deserve it." Catra finished sounding a bit weak. Adam blinked at the older girl in front of him. "Can I tell you a story?"

"I don't care about you're stories! I don't wanna hear about you're jester troll who can't do magic to save his life or you're freaking mentor!" Adam let her catch her breath before replying " this isn't about me or my friends, and let it be said that if we weren't seperated by this wall, i'd punch you in the troat for calling one of my best friends a troll. He's way to small to be one anyway."

"Trolls are real?"

"Yeah and their jerks. What I wish to tell you is a story I was told by my mother when I asked her if people were born good or evil. May I tell you about it?" Catra sighed "if it means that you'll tell Adora what I told you then fine!"

"Once a father told his child that there were two wolves in each and every last one of us, two beasts constantly fighting each other. In you're case let's say it's two lions." Adam smiled, but Catra merely looked annoyed.

"The black lion is evil, it is anger, envy, sorrow regret, greed, arrogance, self pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego. The white one on the other hand. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith. When the child asked which one was stronger, do you know what the father said?"