chapter 4 allies

Images of an unknown planet flashed in Adam's busy mind. He groaned at the unpleasent feeling of being even partially connected to Horde Prime's hive mind.

"I see you" whispered a voice before Adam gasped awake covered in sweat. He looked around at the empty room only remembering a few glimpses of what happened prior. Adam heard an unfamiliar voice approache the room. Jumping off the bed he ran for the nearest corner of the door and waited in the darkness.

"I'm telling you don't need to worry" the voice trailed off as the door opened. Revealing that Adam wasn't in his bed anymore. "Oh no no no no, if he's gone i'm good as dead where is he?" Panicked the stranger clutching his hair. "Right here" Adam whispered. Before the older boy could do or say anything he was tackled to the ground with an arm pressed to his troat. "Who are you where am I?!" Demanded the prince.

"Adam!" He looked to his left his eyes widening in sudden shock and joy. "Cringer" he exclaimed jumping off the boy tackling his friend in a hug. "I thought you were gone for good" cried the tiger. "I know, i'm sorry my friend I was just--"

"Being a self sacrificial idiot, again!" Adam chuckled "i'll let you have this one buddy."

"No yeah i'm fine don't worry about me, and here I thought Adora was a violent morning person." Bow groaned from the ground. "Oh sorry I--" Adam got up to offer him a hand, but he used his right one by reflex.

When the shiny metal came into view he froze. He raised it closer to his face his expression blank. He trailed a warm finger over the cold metal. The fingers closed into a fist, but Adam couldn't feel anything. He shivered at the strange borderline disturbing sensation flowing throught him. Bow got to his feet and introduced himself. "I'm Bow" he raised his right hand. Adam shook it thankful for the small gesture from the archer. "I'm Adam, where am I exactly?"

"You're in Darla." Adam raised an eyebrow "in who?"

"Not who a what, although Entrapta would argue with me over that. Anyway, this is Mara's old ship."

"The Mara" Adam said with some disbelief. Bow nodded "yep" Adam hummed and looked at himself. He rubbed the Horde symbol on his shirt like a bad stain. "Hey Cringer?"

"On it" the tiger said getting on his hind legs and planting a paw on Adam's chest. "What are you--" wondered bow right before Cringer unsheated his claws and promptly scratched off the Horde symbol without harming an inch of skin. "Thank you, now" he turned to Bow "where is my sister?" Bow smiled "she's at the bridge, by the way it's super nice to meet you!"

Adam gave a small smile "you too, Glimmer only told me good things about you." This made Bow pause remembering that he and his friend still had a lot of issues to work throught. "Uh, well let me show you the way." Bow guided Adam to the bridge when Adam saw a mop of blonde hair sticking over the chair he froze.

Bow sent him a worried look before patting his shoulder and walking next to his friends. "What's going on?" He asked no one in particular. "Well I'm trying to turn into She-ra again, but I can't. I don't even know how I did it again. It was all in the moment." Suddenly Adam was assaulted with faint memories, but there was no images. Just the sound of battle and a strange, but comforting feeling invading him.

He shook his head trying to rid himself from the unpleasent experience. He opened his eyes and Catra was next to him. She looked a little worried, but when she saw Bow and Glimmer cheering on Adora to concentrate. "Oh are we annoying Adora" she asked eagerly as she lept on the princess of power and draped accross her laps. Adam was already a bit bewilbered by the situation, but when he caught a glimpse of Catra rubbing her tail under Adora's nose he lost it. His laughter alerted Adora who got up so fast she accidentally threw Catra off of her. The magicat let out a high pitch yelp as she fell. "Yeah guess I was asking for that one" she sighed.