10 | 𝘉𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘒 𝘜𝘗

like the last chapter, don't skip the a/n. it's important.

𝗥𝗢𝗦𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗗 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗥𝗢𝗘'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩

"you blinked" said elton, currently he was at my house. both mom and lilac were gone so i figured why not invite him over

"so? this isn't a staring contest" i replied back

"then what is it?"

"a who can look at the other longest challenge" i said in a matter of fact tone

"is that even a thing? if so, i could look at you all day" he replied back with a smirk

"oh" i said, looking down to try and hide the fact i'm blushing

"i win!" he yelled

"that's not fair! you forced me to look down"

"oh did i? did i psychically use my hands and force your head down?" he asked sarcastically, tilting his head to the side

i didn't get a chance to respond as lilac walked into the room

"i thought you were with ben?" i said confused

"yeah well he's an asshole"

"may i ask — what happened?" i questioned

"he cheated"

"you guys were dating?" elton exclaims

"you didn't know?"

"no i didn't know, since when?"

"since like a week ago"

"he cheats on you after dating for a week, god. what a loser" i stated

who the hell cheats on their s/o after a week of dating, a WEEK. ben is a complete dumbass. lilac doesn't deserve that, she's so sweet. this is why i like girls.. and boys, i think. maybe. kinda. maybe not. well there is ben, but do i really like him, i don't know. i don't see him like that, or do i? i don't know. i wish i was straight.

"i know, i really liked him to! i swear i thought he was the one. i really fucking liked him! what did i ever do wrong to deserve this?" lilac says, with tears that will fall down her cheeks any second now.

"you guys dated for a week, what makes you think he's the one" elton questions

"shut up elton, this isn't the time" i whispered to him aggressively.

"oh boo-hoo" he fakes a pout in response, yeah i'm sure i don't like him anymore, if i ever did.

"lilac come here, he didn't deserve you and never will. you know, i heard he had a brother, like a year older than us, you can always get with him for revenge?" i suggested with a smirk

"rosalind you know i don't do those things" she replies back with a little chuckle and falls into my arms for comfort as a play with her hair, a technique i've learned calms her.

"seriously lilac, find yourself a real man. he won't matter to you in 6 months, so why stress now? get over him and prove to him you're worth way more. assholes like him don't deserve queens like you" i tell her, without a lie.

"how did i ever find someone like you, i swear if i liked girls i'd date you" lilac replies back. we love eachother, platonically of course. i could never imagine dating my best friend since childhood.

"believe me lilac, you'll meet someone like me, someone who can treat you right"

"uh-huh, anyways i'll be leaving now" elton interrupts as he shuffles to the door uncomfortably. yeah, not the one.

"can i paint your nails?" i ask her. i've also learned that cheers her up a bit too. she's one of those people who feel bad if they think they look bad, and even though she doesn't look bad, i know after what happened she will think it. i always try preventing my friends from feeling like shit, i'll feel bad if i don't.

"yeah, you can"

1 hour later

"remember austin? yeah you do, you had a crush on him in middle school. anyways turns out he got really drunk in a party and decided to drive home drunk, he got in a car crash and is now in the hospital" i said, trying to cheer her up. it may sound like a dumb way of doing it but believe it or not, she was waiting for it to happen. he's been into partying since the 8th grade and once he got his drivers license we were basically betting on when we gets in a car crash. it may sound shitty of us but he was a big bully to lilac, and as girl code, if your best friends hates someone you hate them too.

i never understood what she saw in him, he bullied her after all.

"expected; he was basically asking for it. who the hell drunk drives and doesn't expect to crash?"

"yeah, austin needs help. i heard he beat up tommy lorrinson"

"poor boy, tommy was so sweet" lilac frowned

"well, karma is real"

published :: march 23rd 2022
holy shit guys, i just got back onto wattpad after taking a break from writing and this book reached 5k reads?! i never expected this to happen and i have to give all my credits to you guys, i literally love you all (platonically). for an update, recently i've gotten into kpop more, so once this book is finished i'm planning on writing more books with an idol as a s/o. of course i have a while to go before i finish my 80s/90s books so it will take a while for that to happen. also i'm excited to be writing more and finally motivated too!

- rielle