18 | 𝘛𝘞𝘖 𝘞𝘌𝘌𝘒𝘚

rosalind monroe's pov

it's officially been a week since my 3 week suspension, which means two more weeks left. i really should start writing in a diary about my 3 week suspension, i'm sure my future children would love to read that.

i introduced aalayna to lilac, i haven't gotten the chance to introduce her to tristan and violet though. mom won't let them come over until my suspension is over, which sucks for lilac.

though since i've been such an amazing child because i've been helping with chores, mom shortened the period of me being grounded to my suspension period.

i've been missing cher alot recently. she can't come over and i won't get to see her for a long time.

lilac tells me what's been going on at school, apparently something happened at the mall with cher and tai and tai has been getting a shit load of attention. lilac also said cher's popularity has been going down and likes to say cher is getting a 'very well needed reality check'. people like lilac and tristan were all waiting for that to happen. violet never cared about that because it doesn't affect her while i don't think i ever noticed because of how kind she was to me. i heard other people say she can be rude so it was a little shocking and hard to believe.

lilac also said some school play will be coming up called heathers and she wants me to audition because i look like veronica, i guess i can see it. i don't know if i can act though and i'm a bit confused whether or not i can sing.

i'll look into it.

*• *•* •*

as of right now, lilac is trying to convince me to audition for the heathers play. i think it's working.

"the role would go so perfect for you, i mean you look exactly like veronica. they wouldn't say no to you! c'mon lets go watch heathers right now!" lilac says as she convinces me to audition.

"lilac, i know i look like veronica but i don't know if i can sing or act. i'm also pretty sure while you're singing you have to dance too, i can't do that" i complain, hoping that something in her will let her understand that i just can't do that.

"then you can learn how to! i'll teach you. my aunt is a singer and dancer and i have in fact learned some tips and tricks from her. so what do you say?"

"fine, i'll do it. but you owe me okay? i don't know if i'll even be able to get casted so i'm taking a big chance of bravery" i decide

"for the last time rosa, they look for looks not talent. you'll be fine. anyways practice starts tommorow at 4:00pm sharp, meet me in the workout room by then. got it?"

"got it" i tell her with a smile and a thumbs up as she walks out the door to probably get something to eat.

i can't believe i'll be practicing so hard just for some school play without even knowing if i'll get the role or not.

i lay down on my bed and look out the window as it pours down rain, it'll probably become a thunderstorm too. i hate thunderstorms.

my bedroom faces the front of the house, and since my neighborhood is on more of an elevated level, i can see most of beverly hills.

the sight is kind of relaxing, the cars driving by and the rain and clouds, well all of that was ruined when a loud crash noise came from the sky, thunder.

i roll my eyes and get up to go downstairs. the power will probably go out. i heard the storm is going to be bad so i already have a reason to go downstairs for candles and any sort of other light i can find.

i pass a lighter on the way down, i glance around quickly checking to make sure nobody is around before sneaking it into my pocket, i'll definitely use that later.

"hey uh mom? do you have any candles i could potentially borrow. the storm is looking pretty bad and the power will probably go out so y'know, i need a sorce of light please, oh hi lilac" i request, sneaking my head into the kitchen.

"yeah here ya go, but go back to your room and don't come out unless the storm gets bad. don't forget you're grounded" says mom. she switches up the rules so much, one day she leaves me home alone and lets me interact with aalayna and go outside and the next she forces me up into my room. maybe i was being rude earlier, that's probably why.

"thank you and i know mom. i don't forget things like that"

she nods before i run back up stairs and into my bedroom to light the candle when just as a guessed, the power goes out.

wait. i didn't ask for any sort of sorce to light the candle, she'll think that i probably am smoking, not like i'm not, but still. i'll just sneak the lighter in my drawer and then go downstairs to ask for a lighter or something.

i go to stand up and open the drawer as quietly as i can and as i close it and begin to walk back to my bed mom walks in.

"rosalind moon monroe! i just realized that you 'forgot' to ask me for a lighter and as i was about to bring you one i noticed it was gone. care to explain?"

"oh yeah uh i actually grabbed the lighter on my way down and forgot to tell you, i hope you don't mind" i tell her, hoping she doesn't notice how nervous i am and ask for it back.

"well can i have it?" she asks like it was obvious.

"oh yeah, uh let me light the candle really quick" i tell her as i turn my back towards her so i cover up a good portion of the desk.

i sneak my hand to the drawer to open it and grab the lighter as i close it again, coughing once or twice so she doesn't hear the drawer open. i light the candle before turning around and handing her the lighter.

"who taught you to use a lighter?" she asks. i froze in place, trying to find an excuse.

"oh uh, my old friend did, just teen stuff. it's not like i'd use it for like smoking or any of that bad stuff. just for things like candles"

"sure your friend did" she says as she takes the candle and eyes me suspiciously before closing the door.

thank god.

published :: april 17th 2022
sorry i didn't update for 2 weeks, i'm currently pre-writing another story that'll be released either around when i finish this book or finish writing that book. little hint though it's about hwang hyunjin so sorry for my 80s/90s readers that'll be the book after hyunjin, and besides i'm planning on re-starting my lucas wolenczak book with a new main character faceclaim.

- rielle <3