21 | BACK TO SCHOOL

rosalind monroe's pov

the school year will be over soon, only 3 more weeks. today is my 2nd day back. some people have been giving me weird looks, but i've noticed most people are giving elton the weird looks. elton and his friends no longer talk to me, i found out that lilac broke up with benjamin since she didn't want to date someone who was friends with elton. cher and i have became the main gossip at school. some are suspecting her and i have something going on after i 'saved' her from elton, but in my opinion that was just the bare minimum, someone should've done it when it first started. some are disgusted that there is a chance a lesbian relationship at the school as if that is going to change their life if 2 girls begin dating. and most just want to grab there popcorn and watch the drama unfold.

"only 3 more weeks left, think about it! then we'll be juniors. i can't believe this!" lilac says happily as she skips down the almost empty halls, we're on our way to lunch right now. lilac, violet, tristan, cher, dionne, tai and i all walk together to lunch now usually. i've decided to try to distance myself from aalayna after hearing from some other students about what kind of person she is and the way she talked to cher 2 days ago.

as we got outside and sat down at our table i remembered my plan to ask cher out, i decided not to do it to get aalayna to back of but to do it because i honestly like her alot.

as we were sitting and eating i decided to be bold and put my arm around her shoulder. her and i being the main thing people talk about meant people would be looking at us, it didn't help that we were sitting at one of the center tables in the outdoor seating area. some people were smiling and looked at us like we were the most adorable couple in the world, though we weren't one, yet. others looked at us with disgust, those being aalayna, elton and his friends, raven, and amber.

i took a quick glance at cher and her face was bright red, i then noticed dionne and lilac giggling at her reaction.

i guess my glance turned into a stare because before i knew it my fork fell on the ground, as i went down to pick it up so i could throw it away and get a new one i saw two people holding hands under the table, violet and tristan.

i picked up my fork and looked at the wide eyed. they noticed, both shocked as they let go of eachothers hand. i think they're dating, what am i saying they are dating. holy shit.

as i stood up and made my way to the trash can and the little spoon and fork things i whispered something to them.

"invite me to the wedding"

published :: june 12th 2022
short chapter. heads up that the story will be ending soon with probably a couple more chapters to go :(

-rielle <3