23 | WILL YOU?

rosalind monroe's pov

wednesday is finally here, i'm nervous. 6th period will start soon and i'm on my way there, which means school will be ending in an hour. my friends could clearly tell something was up, i was practically shaking and wasn't focusing in class.

"rose, you okay? you look like me every single time i'm next in line for a roller coaster, is something up?" tristan asks, clearly concerned.

"yeah, i'm fine. just a bit nervous" i say

"for what? you have nothing to be nervous about, the school year is almost over" violet says, looking at me confused.

"hey guys, i was wondering if you'd like to go to a nearby café after school? you up for it?" dionne asks with tai by her side.

lilac, violet, and tristan all say yes, except for me.

"i would but i'm going to be busy after school, sorry" i tell them.

"oh it's okay, maybe next time?" tai asks, to which i nod before waving goodbye to them as i walk into class.

*• *•* •*

the hour is over, cher and i planned to meet by my car. i head there and set my stuff in the backseat and i get into the drivers seat and wait for cher. 30 seconds have passed and i see cher running to my car before getting in and setting her stuff in the backseat.

usually i'd wait for the cars to get out of the parking lot before driving home but since we got out early and that i don't wanna annoy cher with how long it's taking i decide to head to where i planned to be.

15 minutes later we were here, we got out of the car and i opened the back car door to grab a little blanket and food.

i brought cher to a gorgeous valley with beautiful trees and a nice pond. she looked amazed and i felt proud of myself, it gave me butterflies when i see her smile.

i layed the blanket out and i set the basket filled with most of her favorite foods and some of mine too. i opened the basket.

"how did you get this, i can ever barely find it on the shelves?!" she says pointing to her all time favorite food with a shocked look on her face as she opened it.

i laughed at her reaction "i just did a bit of searching, nothing much" that was a lie, a big one. i went to 12 different grocery stores, some very far away for that.

once we finished eating most of the food i decided now was time to be bold and brave and ask the big question.

i moved towards her and put her hair behind her ear. be bold and brave rosalind i told myself. "cher, there has been something i've wanted to tell you for a while now.." i said, oh god, it's happening.

"please don't laugh at me, i know what i'll say next is going to be cheesy. but i've known you since i moved to los angeles, and i'm glad i met you because i don't know what i'd do without you. this past year you became my favorite person, your smile gives me butterflies and i've stayed awake at night thinking about you. i truly love you with everything in me. so cher, will you be my girlfriend?" i ask, i've never been this nervous. please say yes please say yes.

she didn't respond, instead she kissed me. i felt her smile through the kiss and i'm going to take this as a yes.

"yes, i'll be your girlfriend"

i have a girlfriend, she's my girlfriend, cher horowitz is my girlfriend.

we pulled away from eachother and i pulled her towards me and hugged her. i know people will judge her and i, but they don't matter. i'm happy and she's happy. i think this was the best day of my life.

as we pulled away from eachother we heard clapping and a couple of woohoo's, i looked over at the bush where it was coming from and saw lilac, violet, tristan, dionne, tai, my mom?, an old man who i assume is her dad? and a couple of strangers.

i thought lilac and those guys were at a diner.

"mom?" i exclaim.

"dad?" she exclaims.

my mom and the old man who i rightfully assumed was her dad stepped forward and hugged us. them muttering things like i'm so proud of you and i even catched the dad say "break her and i break you" to who i assume is me.

my friends then came foward and hugged us all, a giant group hug. the strangers walked off and it was just the 9 of us.

this day can't get any better, i have a girlfriend, my mom, my future father-in-law, and my best friends.

this year was definitely the best year of my life.

published :: june 12th 2022
i was thinking about making a sequel to this book and i've decided i'm still thinking. if you guys want me to i will.

-rielle <3