20 | CAT FIGHT .2

rosalind monroe's pov

10 minutes has passed, where is she? aalayna please show up.

"is she serious" i muttered. i hope she's okay, what if she got hit by a car or died? oh no, maybe she went missing like that one girl did.

"rose calm down, she'll probably be here soon. she might have lost her pillow or blanket and is looking for it?" tristan said, patting my shoulder in an attempt to calm me down.

"how the hell do you loose a pillow?!" i exclaimed, i should just accept the fact she won't be coming and enjoy the moment as best as i can. i don't want to annoy my friends any further.

"how about we dance to more songs?" i suggest, reaching over to grab the TV remote as i turn it on.

"won't there be to many people, there is 7 of us. we may end up crashing into eachother?" tai says, but lilac and cher have already stood up with me and began dancing.

"we'll spread out, now join us this is so fun!" lilac responded, her entire focus now on the TV.

the 4 of them all stood up and took there places around the room making sure not to hit anyone or anything, i'm more in the front so i can't see much but from the window reflection we all look well in sync, maybe we could become a dancing group.

"i can't see!" tristan complained from behind us.

"dude your 6'1 use it" said dionne.

we were all so focused on the dance and the loud music that we didn't hear the door open as aalayna walked in, she set her pillow and sleeping bag against the wall and joined us.

"oh god" violet muttered, to which i assume was about aalayna. i don't think my friends like her, i wonder why. what did she do?

aalayna went to the right of me and began dancing, from the corner of my eye i saw cher dancing more aggressively, and then i saw aalayna doing it to. who were they tryna impress my god.

"i wonder what someone driving by would be thinking right now if they saw us" i said aloud.

"probably wondering why the hell a bunch of teenagers are dancing at 11:30 on a school night" cher responded.

the entire 2 hour span of us dancing was filled with laughs over mistakes or comments one of us made and a bunch of water breaks. i don't know if i should be suprised by how high of a stamina lilac has but at the same time it's lilac we're talking about, she dances to the TV music for hours on end.

at 1:30 to 2am we spent the time eating then getting ready for bed.

by 2:15am we were all asleep, except for me. i couldn't stop thinking about the rivalry between aalayna and my friends, especially cher. what's up with that?

as i layed there i heard whispers coming to my left, from the voices i heard cher and aalayna talking, or whisper arguing.

"why do you hate me so much? you started this rivalry for no reason" cher questioned

"because i don't want you having rose, she's mine. why won't you just accept that" aalayna stated as if she thought she was right. what the hell, aalayna and cher like me? i mean i sorta knew about cher but aalayna? am i dreaming? i mean i really like aalayna, in a friend way. i wish she wouldn't have developed feelings for me, then we could all just be happy.

maybe i should do something that will make her not like me or decide to back off, like ask cher out. yes, i'll ask cher out. perfect idea. when should i do it? where should i do it? how should i do it?

"for the last time, rose isn't yours. she isn't anybody's. she is a human being, she isn't a pet. just leave her the hell alone and stop trying to claim 'ownership' of her" cher says, i think i just fell in love with cher. i mean i liked her but now i think i'm in love. people always told me she wasn't the brightest but after her saying that they were all wrong, cher is smart.

"shut up with all the little 'she isn't anybody's' shit. you know she likes me and you have to admit that" no i don't.

"i've known rosalind since she moved here years ago, and how long have you known her? 2 weeks"

"i met her at the beginning of the school year at a movie theater" aalayna replies

"yeah you met her, you didn't know her though. you don't know her as well as i do. she doesn't like you and i highly doubt she ever will. i'm gonna say this again like i did the first time i talked to you, her and i get told everyday about how cute we would be together, i'm constantly being told she likes me by people, even her friends, her mom loves me, her friends love me, everyone she knows loves me. nobody ever says you guys would be cute together, or that she likes you. her mom barely even knows you, her friends hate you, just accept that she likes me" cher states. in all honestly, she didn't say a single lie, not one.

it goes quiet for a while before cher then says "she would never date someone like you. once she knows the true you, she won't even speak to you"

the true her?

published :: june 12th 2022
damn bro the drama

-rielle <3