Chapter 14

Xisuma waited as everyone slowly got settled in, Some of the Hermits greeting each other while the others were whispering to each other.

As the whispering died down Xisuma cleared his throat "Hello everyone, welcome, welcome" Xisuma's slightly distorted voice called out "So, I'm pretty sure everyone here already knows but we have a couple of new uhh guests joining us today. everyone's gaze landed on the four new people sitting next to Grian.

Technoblade keeps his monotone face but is dying from the amount of eyes on him, why can't he be a anti-social in peace??

The four looked over to Grian simultaneously, as if asking for help. Iskall, who noticed the four of them let out a chuckle before whispering over to Mumbo.

Grian gave Iskall a look before whispering to Phil "Introduce yourselves" Phil let out a small oh before clearing his throat.

It was a lot nerve wracking, introducing yourselves in front of so many people compared to when they introduced theirselves to only 3 people. As Phil was about to speak up, he got cut off by a certain loud and boisterous blonde.

"Ayup, TommyInnit aka Big Man Tommy aka Biggest Man Ever" He boasted with a puffed out chest. He felt a small sense of pride as some of the Hermits let out a small chuckle of amusement.

"The emo looking bitch is WilburSoot but feel free to call him bitch" This earned an offended "Hey!" from the mentioned man

"The pig is Technoblade" (Techno is a bit glad that his introduction is somewhat normal)

"And the weirdo in the green and white buck-et hat is Philza, he is very old and fragile" Phil scoffed at the old part mumbling a small "This little shit-"

"Thank you, Tommy. Do you have any questions you'd like to ask our guests over here?" Xisuma turned to the hermits, A woman with blonde hair and green jacket raised her hand.

She looked at Phil "You're an avian, right?" Her eyes briefly landed on his wings before going back to the eye contact.

"Yeah, a crow avian to be exact" Phil responded, quiet murmurs spread out among the group.

"Right then, if that's all?" Xisuma scanned over the group, silently asking if they had finished asking their questions for now.

After a moment of silence, Xisuma took this as a sign to continue on with the meeting.

"Alright so, let's get to it then. As we all know these four over here had somehow managed to enter our server without being whitelisted." He started, looking at his fellow hermits.

"And according to our guests, they had found a book in a stronghold that contained some sort of ritual in it. So long story short, they decided to do the ritual and ended up here" Doc gave the four of them a suspicious and bewildered expression.

"So you're telling me, that you found a suspicious book that contained a suspicious ritual and then for some reason decided to perform the mentioned ritual without knowing what it would do?" Yeah, now that they think about it that was a pretty stupid decision on their part.

"Y-yeah?" Phil awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. "I honestly don't know what made us do that" He confessed sheepishly.

"I think i know why" Grian spoke up grabbing everyone's attention. The newcomers looked at him surprised.

Grian grabbed the book from his inventory and placed it infront of them. A wave of shocked gasps echoed through out the group.

"That's..?" A mustached man trailed off, a hint of disbelief lacing his voice. Grian nodded at this.

"Yep, that's right" Techno once again wonders what's up with this book that it keeps recieving shocked faces upon the mere sight of it.

A brown haired man wearing a blue shirt with a @ logo in the middle picked up the book to examine it, upon opening the book he squinted "Galactic? Typical" the man mumbles.

"Right, so i have translated the book and have broken it down to pieces" Grian explained standing up and grabbing a leather book from his inventory.

"So first off," he turned to Phil and co. "You most likely did the ritual due to the magic pressure of the book" Phil's face contorted to that of confusion "What?" Techno, surprisingly, spoke up confused.

The man holding the book let out a hum "That is accurate i think, i can definetly feel a magical pressure coming from this book" he passed the book back to Grian.

"Basically, you were most likely pressured by the book to perform the ritual" Techno and Phil glanced at each other. Was that why the voices had been screaming at them to cross over.

"That explains a lot, yeah..." Techno mumbled, it was very weird of chat to persuade him to do a very suspicious and probably unsafe....activity?

"Wait how exactly did this book pressure them? It doesn't have the same buzz as a enchanted book" Wilbur spoke up, tilting his head.

"That's because this isn't humane magic" Grian's eyes grew cold "This is a Watcher's magic"

Phil froze, his eyes widened. Watchers...?

"What the fuck is a Watcher?" Tommy asked scrunching his nose as the word, foreign as it is, left his mouth.

"They are godly entities who watch over servers and make sure that the server doesn't devolve to chaos and/or get destroyed" Phil answered, Grian looked at Phil, surprised he knew about them.

"Well are they like a myth or something? Because judging from where we were a few days prior i'd say our server was pretty shit" Tommy scoffed crossing his arms as he rolled his eyes.

Phil went silent as he looked at the floor, he curled his hand into a fist.

He felt awkward, after all it was somewhat his fault.

"Yeah no about that" Grian sighed "Do you know anyone named Xabierithyc Daeccadel?"

Phil froze again, he hasn't heard that name in years.

"What kind of weird ass name is that!? It's worse than fuckin' Technoblade" Disgust and confusion laced Tommy's voice.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure there wasn't a member with that name, 'cus I'm pretty sure i would know if someone with that name existed" Wilbur answered, also bewildered by the odd name.

"Not a member," Techno raised his eyebrow at this "A god."

"Well i know a godDES, not sure about a GOD" Techno emphasized on the 'Goddess' part.

"Yeah, my good friend Drista, Did you know that she gave both me and Techno a piece of bedrock? She's so cool. Though I'm pretty sure she mentioned a god brother once, XD?" Tommy rambled, luckily he managed to stop himself from rambling more.

Grian perked at this, It's not exactly the same but it could be a possibility that he changed his name in order to not get caught, His hand curled into a fist.

"That's him" they turned to Grian "Xabierithyc Daeccadel is XD"

========

No XD's full name isn't keyboard spam.