Welcome to Sydney

HAZAA! I live my lovelies!!! I'm so sorry about his long hiatus, but I'm back with a vengence! And I have nearly half of the coming chapter done already! Special thanks to MistyBella15 for being amazing, as usual, with your on-par editing skills. And that one sentence we fought with FOREVER! XD I made this nice and long for all you patient readers! I won't keep you, Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: I only own Dr. Kira Blaire and my own twist on the amazing Del Toro movie!!!

“Welcome to Sydney, Dr. Blaire!”

I just barely heard the greeting over the slowing chopper blades, but I didn’t say anything to the person as I was baffled with our surroundings. I thought for sure that the ocean looked the same everywhere by now, with the Kaiju polluting everything. However, I was proven wrong when I looked at the ocean surrounding the Sydney Dome. The water looked warm and crystal clear.

“Want to scrape your jaw off the landing mat so we can go inside?” I jumped slightly, turning to face Alec with a half-dazed look on my face.

“Tell me this isn’t the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen!” I exclaimed, motioning towards the ocean with one swooping arm while the other was working on making sure my bag stayed on my shoulder.

“It’s nice.” Alec shrugged, turning toward the open Bay doors as I quickly followed.

“But don’t forget what comes out of that ocean.” He stated once we were inside, pointing back toward the inviting waters that were being slowly shut out by the closing doors. I stood there a moment, watching the gorgeous scenery get hidden by the steel doors. Was this what our world had come to? To fear one of the most beautiful things this world had to offer because of the monsters that come out of it?

“Welcome to Sydney, Doctor.” I was pulled from my daze by the hollering voice. Facing it, a smile playing on my face as I extended my hand out towards the man with the familiar red hair.

“Hello, Hercules.” I greeted, returning his firm handshake as he smiled back at me.

“Just Herc, please.” He clarified, taking a step back as Wesson stood beside us, eyeing Herc.

“Then you can call me Kira.” I nodded, reaching to adjust the shoulder strap on my bag.

“Where’s your son?” I asked after the three of us stood there for a moment, just looking at one another.

“When he heard you guys were heading this way, he turned tail and been hiding all day.” Herc said, pointing his thumb behind him to indicate that the sly fox could be anywhere in the facility.

“Care for a game of hide and seek, Alec?” I cheekily asked my partner in crime, who shrugged his shoulders, his hands staying buried in his PPDC pants.

Herc gave us a run-down of the place: what main hallways lead where and such. He agreed to meet us in the Mess Hall in a hour and if we still hadn’t found Chuck by then, we’d all go look together. Promising to call in if I found him, Alec and I split up to cover more ground. I took the high ground while he chose to cover the Bay floor. I took the stairs as high as I could go, taking service stairs after I ran out of normal staircases. Finally, the door let out to a sealed, rounded, rectangular door marked boldly as TOWER ENTRANCE. I reached for the wheel that would open the door but it creaked open on when I put pressure on it.

Opening it the rest of the way, I peered around the heavy door to see a tall, muscular man leaning against the banister that rounded the smokestack-like tower that released the fumes made by the maintenance of the Jaegers below us. Stepping into the metal grate bridge, I stuck my hands into the back pockets of my jeans Walking towards the figure, the signature red hair of a Hansen immediately gave away who he was.